Chapter 64

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
______________________________________________________________________________
'Kill those who resist.'

With the command given, the shadow soldiers waited no more and revealed themselves. Thousands of them, including gigantic silhouettes, appeared, overshadowing nearby buildings. The fear assaulted Alacryans, even those who were on the outskirts of a human city. Far away from the city, at the coast where many of the ships were docked, the enemy soldiers also began to notice abnormalities.

The giants were moving towards them, and there wasn't even a signal coming from their comrades. Since the soldiers hadn't returned to the ships, they had to wait for their return. A clock ticked, and the Alacryans still haven't returned. With the exception of the Alacryan navy and civilian hostages, the Etistin Bay was deserted.

"Admiral..."

"Anything else from the city?"

"No, but this!"

The conversation between the commander of the Alacryan ship and the sailor was interrupted. Their ship began shaking madly, as if the huge waves were hitting the hull, causing everyone to stumble on their feet. When the Admiral looked over to check on what was causing this, the black creatures completely flooded the sea. The gigantic hands and claws quickly came out of the water and dug into the ship's hull.

*Crack*

The water entered the ship's hull, so either it should be docked right away... But the first option should be dismissed. Would the shadow soldier who seeks their liege's enemy's blood allow that to happen? No. There was no way. The shadow soldier would turn this ship into a submarine and nobody would stop him.

"We are sinking!"

With no hope, the petrified sailor could only stare at his commander in disbelief, expecting him, to at least have some emergency plan. Meanwhile, the commander was out of his mind. Down there, under the ship, there was something else they won't be able to escape from. He could witness how the huge dark claws broke down his ship.

The water flooded the hall, and it began sinking. When the creature dug out his claw, even more water gushed into the ship making it only sink faster. The sailors were running out of the interior, to escape their demise. Luckily, before the water could reach their feet they were already on the deck. Steadily, the ship merged with the water, its damaged part finally couldn't hold on, and the massive Alacryan utility was split in half.

One half with the sailors, the second with dark emerging monsters.

"Punny creatures, stop resisting and embrace death! You were all given a chance to have a new purpose!"

Suddenly, in front of the sailors, another black creature appeared. This one looked much stronger, just his presence was enough to inflict striking fear. Also, this time it was addressing them and telling them what?

'Embrace death?'

The admiral thought about it, was this a chance to save his life? But what could the black creature mean? It couldn't possibly mean to...kill themselves.

"Exactly, punny creatures...embrace death. Kill yourself and I might spare your subordinates..." The black creature whispered near his ear. Its cold breathing was now close to his skin. There was no turn around now was there?

Will the admiral of the humongous fleet have enough courage to risk his life for his trusted subordinates? But he didn't want to kill himself. The only thing he was thinking about now was how to save his life.

"Attack... kill this creature! For Alacrya!" His screams were unheard by the sailors. When he turned around, the admiral realized why. Every one of his subordinates was pierced by a dark spike. Some of them were sticking out with organs on the tips. It was a horrible spectacle.