Chapter 1

Disclaimer I don't own Knight Rider, just Ashley and her adoptive family.

Knight Rider: a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael had been missing for days, no one seemed to be able to find him. Not even KITT. Devon had people out looking for Michael day and night, but nothing had come from it and KITT was worried. So was Bonnie, she and Michael were like brother and sister and she hated not knowing where he was at all times. At first she just wondered where he was and what he was up to, but when KITT came back from a ride and said that Michael had disappeared then she got worried. Everyday she asked Devon if he'd found out anything on his whereabouts and everyday its same answer, nothing.

'I'm sorry Bonnie.' Devon sighed.

'Well, why we're sitting here being sorry Michael is who knows where and in who knows what condition!' Bonnie replied angrily. It had been almost two weeks since Michael had been proclaimed missing and so far they had no idea where he was.

Meanwhile a girl had been out walking trying to find one of her neighbours to hang out with, not many of them actually liked her, but she did have one friend. So far her search had been unsuccessful and she knew she would have return home soon or her Father would be angry with her.

Ashley was actually an orphan who had been given to an orphanage when she was roughly eight months old and was adopted by a family four years later. Since then she had received very little love or compassion from anyone and had to put up with being used as nothing more than a trophy. Her adoptive parents had only adopted her so they could show her off to the other people in the neighbourhood and so others would think they were kind people. As such they never questioned the large bruises that she seemed to have almost constantly or the amount of cuts she had on her face and arms.

In truth Ashley hated the people she lived with, she knew that as soon as she was old enough she was going to leave and never come back. She may be only nine years old, but she knew what they were doing to her was wrong even though every time she tried to tell someone about it they ignored her or told her she was lying. So now she tried to spend as much time away from them as she could, normally walking on their land or trying to make friends with the other kids even though the majority of them sneered at her for being to young to hang out with them, to boring or sometimes just to darn ugly since her face was normally covered in cuts and bruises.

She had been out for hours and she knew it was time to head back to their modest little house so turned and headed back, but on the way she heard a muffle groan from behind a tree and she called out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael had been wandering around in the bush ever since he had gotten out of KITT to explore what everyone thought was an abandoned where house as part of a case, but a few seconds after he had entered he been knocked out by a couple of thugs before being stowed in the trunk of a car and dumped in the middle of nowhere.

Well this is great. Michael thought to himself. He had no phone, no GPS, no water, no food and no shelter. These people had obviously intended for him to die and he knew that if he didn't find someone soon these people would probably get their wish.

He had been walking for days, but he had no idea what direction he was travelling and for all he knew he could be walking away from civilisation. He tried to remain hopeful, but his hope was running out much like his energy, in a few more days he wouldn't be able to move. In fact it was a struggle to keep going even now. Eventually he had collapsed and passed out beneath a large tree and he kept slipping in and out of consciousness, by now he had managed to regain his consciousness and he tried to sit up, he groaned with effort and gave up when he heard a voice.