Chapter 30

Disclaimer I don't own Knight Rider.

On Thursday Ashlyn went home with Amber after class, despite being incredibly nervous. Amber noticed this as she watched the young girl's constant fidgeting and the way she glanced around once the rest of the students left.

'Do you like pets and what kind?' She smiled warmly.

'I like most pets, but dogs, cats and rabbits are my favourite.' She replied as they walked out the door.

Amber approached a rather polished looking silver and white '89 Trans Am, entering and opening the passenger side from within, 'One of my projects, still needs work. Sorry, the passenger door from the exterior has trouble on opening. This is not my usual ride.'

'It's ok, like you said it just needs a bit more work, you should have seen the ride my last carer owned.' She smiled as she remembered her friend. 'That was a car.' No, he was so much more than car. He was a friend and.......... A brother. She thought to herself.

Amber smiled at that though said nothing more as she drove to her house, which surprisingly wasn't too far from AAArts. Iron gates creaked open upon the vehicle's arrival, no obvious electronics anywhere. Turning up the well paved drive which looped around and back in a fancy S-shape, the lawn was well manicured and bright green.

'Here we are.' She parked her car just outside near the door of the rather large-looking, pristine white house. She got out, the fresh scent of Roses, Violets, and Lavender filled the air. A rather large pond sat in the front of the house to the right, shaded by a single weeping willow. Hedges surrounded her property, very well trimmed and looked after. Other flowers of many kinds lined around the front and drive.

To the left was the garage, which if one was truthful to themselves could likely fit three, maybe four, cars. Though it was never dark within that one specific room. A little more off from the garage was her little farm, with a variety of trees, grains, fruits and veggies nearly ready for picking.

The house itself of course wasn't as large as the mansion, yet there appeared to be another door beside the main door that could fit a Trans Am even. It, the house; was in a kind of Victorian style from the outside. A "yip" came from a small dog-like creature who came bouncing through the doggydoor, it was mostly black with some silvery-and-white, the tail tip completely white and wagging more like a dog's. Though the eyes were slit more like a feline's, it sat politely lifting up a paw.

'He's so cute.' Ashlyn smiled.

'Well, looks like Rook likes you already.' Amber commented, petting him on the head gently. 'Believe it or not he's really a fox, more specifically the Red Fox species.'

'Wow, I've never seen a fox like this, but then again I've never seen a real fox before.' She bent down and ran her hand over his fur before standing up straight and surveying the land around her. 'You really live here?' She asked in awe.

'Yep.' Smiling, she walked in the small door.
There were apparently three signs hanging in the windows like those common "Beware of Dog" signs though one said "Cat" instead and the last one seemed to read "Car" was it a typo?

The interior of the house had parallel halls to the human-sized halls were wide enough to fit a car, no carpeting in sight. Or rugs for that matter. On passing the door leading into the garage one could presumably hear what sounded like breathing, yet wasn't quite. Amber led her guest to the living room where Rook had promptly curled up beside the foot of a single seat couch which happened to be facing a computer with a larger screen. 'Make yourself comfortable, is there anything you'd like? Food, drink?' She also pointed out the way to the bathroom, which was to the right down the hall a bit from the living room.