Chapter 47

Alright, here we have it: the new chapter!  Woo hoo!  I know it's been awhile since I updated it, but here it is!  I'm really excited to know what you guys think of it so please remember to let me know after you finish reading it!

I also need to give credit to Decrosse on Fanfiction.net for her character Amber.

So without further ado, let's commence with the new chapter!

-/-/- 

Bonnie sighed as she tinkered with some old parts, she was waiting for Amber to finish doing some investigating before they would try to work on KARR. She didn't want to start alone because of how vulnerable KARR had become, she didn't want to frighten him and she also didn't want to put him through any more pain by accident. So she waited.

Amber sighed quietly to herself as she flipped through reports to find out the latest about the Pet Shop scam the mall shop fell victim to, making calls and setting up appointments to visit previous adopters to see the pet and here what the complaint was or what happened. She also set up a time to drop off two replacement pups for the petshop on her learning the previous two were on reserve for a family. She contacted them and the store, making plans to meet at a specific day.

She had a lot on her mind lately. Still, taking a break she went over to KARR and prodded the part under his hood that formerly caused him pain and to slam his hood due to his programming. No slam meant he was in one of his rare, relaxed states. 'Hey, Bonnie! One, KARR and I need to talk to you about something well, two somethings. Two, he's relaxed enough for us to work on him.' She gave the brunette a small smile.

Bonnie strode over, glad that Amber had confirmed that they could resume work on the car.

Amber lay a palm just by KARR's right headlight, slowly and gently caressing his frame as if trying to calm a frightened puppy. 'We know, it's alright. Your coding, not your fault. Think you can try to let us fix the main problem so you don't feel as much pain?' KARR's amber scanner shifted as if he was thinking, though his frame had calmed down considerably. While there was no verbal reply, his hood slowly clicked open and lifted up my itself. Amber just smile, also to Bonnie. 'Whatever we do now, needs to be done quick. For the moment he's calmed and in a sense distracted his mind for us to work on him, but A.I.s often aren't distracted for long.'

'Then let's get to work.' Bonnie replied. She was just as anxious to have this over with, she hated seeing either one of her 'sons' in pain.

It wasn't easy given how damaged the part was, and it's location in a badly damaged area - neverminding the tangles and splayed lose wires that could also shock all of them. Amber carefully reached around and unstuck the part, while Bonnie helped as best she could to keep the wires from touching anyone - including KARR himself.

'Got it,' Amber said as she brought out the conduit causing him the most pain. Although she checked her fingers after handing it over, a small cut that didn't bother her. 'Hmm, can take care of it later. Hands going to get dirty helping KARR here anyways.' With that she helped Bonnie to remove the bent out of shape memory chip. Amber went to work on restoring it, enough to transfer into a sturdier chip while Bonnie worked on the rest of his conduit plus fixed his scanner light-sensors.

It took some time, but the stuff that could be repaired and restored easily was, and it was replaced in KARR. 'Bonnie, while I was working on that I noticed something off in the code - but first, let's see how eldest son here is doing.' Amber mentioned noting, then stepped away from KARR to give him space motioning for Bonnie to as well. 'He'll wake up in a moment, chance he might be confused or have flashbacks which for humans could cause panic attacks. While far more dangerous giving that KARR is a car, whatever happens - I recommend not trying to restrain nor attack him, even if the intentions are good. It could just make it worse for KARR...' Amber hid behind a protective wall with an equally protective window, along with Bonnie and the sheltie Prince who amazingly was doing better though still jumpy at things as a result of what had happened.