Chapter 10

Ashley was lying on her stomach on her large comfy bed trying to do her homework by reading the book they were given and wright down the main characters in it when the door bell rang. She heard someone go get the door and people were talking so she snuck down the stairs to see who it was. She saw Devon talking with a brunette, they were smiling and laughing about something and Devon called for Bonnie saying that "Jennifer" had come to pay a visit. Curious Ashley went to see just who this Jennifer was.

When she walked in Jennifer stared at her, Devon was right she looked so much like Michael and yet there were a few features that she must have gotten from her mother because they weren't like her brothers. She definitely had his eyes, but her nose wasn't his and neither was her hair, still she was beautiful. Jennifer walked over and introduced herself, Ashley was nervous around her Aunt even though she seemed nice.

'Hello, I'm Jennifer.'

'Hi.' Ashley shifted uncomfortably, she really wished Michael was there.

'What's your name?'

'Ashley.'

'Well it's nice to meet you Ashley, I'm Michael's sister.'

'So you're my aunt.'

'That's right.' She nodded smiling.

'Well Ashley why don't you go into the lounge room and we'll meet you in there in just a moment.' Devon suggested.

'Ok Mr Miles.' She nodded and went to do as she was told. Then Devon turned to Jennifer as she watched the young girl leave.

'What do you think of her?' He asked.

'Oh Devon she's so cute! Although she's not exactly what I pictured the daughter of Michael Knight to be like.'

'Trust me Jennifer, she's more like him than either of them know. Now I think I'll call Michael and let him no that you're here.'

'Alright, I'll go spend some quality time with my niece.' Jennifer smiled and the two went their separate ways. Devon went to his office to call Michael and tell him that they had a visitor.

'Yo Devon!' Michael greeted as his face came up on Devon's monitor.

'Hello Michael, I just called to let you know that we have a visitor here at the mansion who would like to see you.'

'Oh? Well who is it?' Michael asked curious.

'A certain sister of yours.'

'Jennifer.' He smiled. 'We're on our way.' Then he ended the call and Devon went to see how the girls were doing. He was happy to see that Bonnie had joined them and the three girls were now talking and laughing with each other.

'I'm glad to see you're all getting along.' He said as he walked.

'You never told me how funny my niece is.' Jennifer said giggling.

'Yes, one of the many traits she gets from her father.' He smiled sitting down with them.

'So how old are you Ashley?' Jennifer asked.

'Nine years old and turning ten in June.' She replied.

'You never told me your birthday was in June.' Bonnie said surprised.

'I didn't think it was important.' She shrugged.

'Of course it's important, we want to celebrate your birthday.' Bonnie smiled.

Then they heard doors opening and shutting so she raced off to see who it was, she skidded to a stop when she got to the front door and saw a stranger standing there staring back at her. He looked down on her with distain like everyone used to do before she moved into the mansion and she cowered slightly. She jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked up to see Michael smiling down at her before glaring at the other man.

'Michael!' She turned and gripped his waist in a hug.

'Hey Ashley. Hello Tesler.' Michael said. 'What brings you here?'

'My fiancé is here.' He replied casually.

'Oh, come in then.' Michael said and he brought him into the lounge room where Ashley said the others were talking. They paused in their conversation and looked to the two men, Jennifer got up and walked over to Tesler.

'Hello Sam, I'm glad you decided to join us.'

'Wouldn't miss it.' He smiled.

'Everyone, this is my fiancé Samuel Tesler. Sam this is Devon Miles, Bonnie Barstow and of course Ashley.'

'Hi.' He said.

'Hello.' Devon greeted.

'Nice to meet you.' Bonnie said. Ashley stayed silent.

'What about you little girl, aren't you going to say anything?' Tesler asked Ashley.

'Hi.' She mumbled, then she left and went back upstairs. On the way she heard them start talking.

'So how long have to two of you been engaged?' Bonnie asked.

'Almost a month.' Jennifer replied.

'Yep, my little sister's all grown up.' Michael joked.

Ashley didn't want to be near that guy, something about him didn't sit well with her and she could tell he was bad news. Her Aunty on the other hand was great; she was kind and caring and Ashley liked her.

Once she had returned to doing her homework Ashley became oblivious to the world around her, she read the book and wrote down her notes for hours, she was determined to make Michael proud of her, until she realised just how thirsty she had become so she put down her things and went to go and get a drink. As she was about to go into the large kitchen she heard someone talking so she waited and listened to what they were saying.

'Yes she's here and she's as dumb as he is.' It was a mans voice, but it wasn't Michael's or Devon's which meant it had to be Tesler which made her even more curious to listen in. 'It'll be easy, Knight's the only protection.' He stopped and she couldn't hear who was on the other end of the phone. 'I told you I don't wanna be the one to do it, as far as anyone knows I'm clean.' He stopped again. 'Fine I'll do it, but the this had better be worth it.' Then he hung up and was about to leave the kitchen so Ashley ran to tell Michael, but she knocked over a pot and Telser heard it.

He knew she had just heard everything that had been said and if she told anyone their plan would be ruined so he chased after her. He was hot on her heels as he scrambled to grab her. She had the advantage of knowing the layout of the mansion and she was quick too, she screamed for Michael, but He footing slipped as she dashed around a corner and Tesler grabbed her. He picked her up and pulled a gun out of his jacket holding it too her head.