Chapter 37

Michael had been thinking, today was the 1st of September, meaning that in 7 days it would be the 8th.  AKA KITT's birthday and so far they had done nothing for it. It concerned the man that his partner might be celebrating his birthday by searching for more signs of his supposedly dead older brother rather than taking time out and doing something he enjoyed.

He would have to ask Devon to give him and KITT the day off, but he didn't want KITT to know until the day so-

'Michael, I just picked up a signal coming from nearby, it matches KARR's!' The AI alerted him.

'Then we had better go and find him before he causes anymore trouble!' He stated before pressing his foot down on the accelerator. 'Plot me a course to intercept him!'

'Yes Michael.' After several beeps and clicks a plot appeared on his monitor and they raced to find the other car!

There was no sign of KARR at the house, they had just missed him. Though the house was locked up tight, the garage had been left open with nothing in sight save for what looked like a recharge station.

'Scan the place, won't you pal?'  The car immediately obliged, however he seemed to have trouble performing the task.

'Michael, something is wrong.  I can't pick up anything, it seems like there's interference.'  He murmured.

'Well whoever owns this place sure doesn't want us to find out what's going on here. Still....  Let's get out of here.'  He sighed and they drove away.

When the two of them got to where they were staying KITT parked in the parking lot and Michael went up to his room in the hotel.  When he was inside his room he turned off his comlink so KITT couldn't listen in to what he was about to do and made a phone call.

'Yo Devon!'

'Hello Michael, how are you?'  The distinguished voice of his boss came through over the phone.

'I'm great, but I need to ask a favour.'

'Oh?  And what is that you want now?'

'I need to have 8th off as a sort of vacation day.'  He replied.

'The 8th?  Of this month?'  The Englishman asked surprised.

'Yes Devon, the 8th of September.' Michael clarified, believing that the date was obviously during the current month.

'But Michael, you can't afford a day off! You still need to find Durant and see if KARR is truly active once again!' Michael bristled at the name of his arch enemy.

'I know, but the 8th is KITT's birthday!'

The Englishman sighed. 'Very well Michael, we do owe KITT a break on his birthday, but I expect the two of you to be working again the very next day.'

'You've got it Devon.' Michael replied, grinning madly as he hung up. This was going to be great!

'What was all that about?' Bonnie asked as she walked into her boss's office.

'Michael and KITT are having a day off on the 8th to celebrate-'

'KITT's birthday!' The brunette grinned upon remembering that her "son's" birthday was coming up.

'Yes.' Devon nodded, a small smile on his lips. 'Now have you found anymore on Durant?'

'No. I've checked for any activity by his previous alter ego's and the only one that's being used is the one we already know about.'