Chapter 17

Finally her birthday came and Ashley couldn't care less about it, no one had ever done anything for her birthday before and she seriously doubted that anyone would do anything for this one even if they now knew the exact date. So she got dressed like she always did and went downstairs, but it was completely empty and it seemed like not even Devon was up. Her attention then turned to her comlink as she heard it emit two small beeps.

'Morning KITT.' She sighed.

'Good morning Ashley. What's wrong? You don't seem to be your usual happy self.'

'I'm alright, just a bit tired, but where is everyone?'

'I don't know.'

'Anyway I'll talk to you after.' Then she pulled her arm away from her face and walked into the dinning room where she was surprised to see Michael sitting quietly at the table waiting for her. She went and sat in the empty chair next to him and he put his arm around her pulling her until she was right up against him.

'Good morning Princess.' He greeted happily.

'Morning Daddy.' She smiled as he popped a kiss on her forehead.

'Sleep well?'

'Yeah.' She replied looking to her breakfast.

'Glad to hear it. So what do you wanna do today?'

'I-I don't know, what should we do?'

'Well that's up to you, but how about we think about it first.' Then Bonnie walked in as they started eating.

'Well hello, just started have we?' She asked.

'Yeah.' Ashley said between mouthfuls of bacon and eggs. 'How come it's so quiet?'

'I don't know, but I think Devon's still in his office working on something and if memory serves me then you still have one or two things to clear up Michael.' She said arching an eyebrow at him.

'Oh yeah, sorry Ash I completely forgot about that. Bonnie can't you-'

'Oh no Michael, just because we're together that doesn't mean I'm going to do everything for you.'

'Fine.' He replied then he muttered under his breath. 'Big meanie.' Ashley snickered, she loved seeing the two of them get into little arguments because they were always so funny and it was hilarious to watch her father pout like a five year old boy who couldn't have his way. 'What are you laughing at? Don't you still have some school work to finish?' He asked quizzically.

'No.'

'Even if you don't, once you're finished you might wanna go up to your room and finish that book you've been reading, Devon's got someone he's supposed to meeting down here and they want things to be kept quiet.'

'So it's best if I just stay out of sight and keep quiet, no problem.' She said sarcastically then she finished her last mouthful and went upstairs.

'I-I'm sorry Michael I didn't mean to upset her.' Bonnie said a little sad.

'She'll be alright, but she doesn't seem to be very excited that it's her birthday.' He noted standing.

'Well remember what she told us when we last mentioned it; no one has ever celebrated her birthday before and she probably doesn't think we will either.'

'How soon can we get things rolling?'

'Everything's set up outside, all we have to do is wait until the guests show up, but remember her present still has to picked up and brought here for her.'