Chapter 33

Once they arrived they saw the sun was shining, the water looked great and for a moment the two of them just sat in kitt and watches the waves roll in white tipped, spreading themselves like fine lace over the beach after they crash in their soft way. The view served to make them both even more eager to go swimming despite that the beach was crowded, however Ashley soon realised something.

'Dad, I still don't have any swimmers.'

'Well we'll need to change that, won't we? Come on.' They got out of KITT.

'Have fun.' The AI said as they shut his doors.

'We will and you make sure to keep your scanners, eh?'

'Yes Michael.' He replied and the others walked off.

Michael then took his daughter shopping and surprisingly he found it quite fun, watching he young girl messing around with the clothes and being silly.  They both laughed more than they had in a while and by the end of it Ashley had a pair of purple and black starry swimmers!  (See picture on the left).

'Thank you Dad!'

'You're welcome!  Do you like them?'

'Are you kidding?!  I love them!'  She hugged him happily.

Since she liked them so much it was only natural that she just had to try them out.

Her and Michael got changed, yes Michael had planned ahead and brought his trunks, and they raced down to the water.  Ashley smiled at the feeling of the warm sand underfoot as she headed toward the water. Though she didn't seem to really head Michael as he continued to warn her about being careful with her shoulder as she ran into the cool, salty water.

'Ashley, don't go out too far!  Be careful with your-'

'Shoulder!  I know!  You don't have to tell me twice!'  She replied before splashing him!

'I'll get you for that!'  He grinned and splashed her back!  As the two of them were so busy have fun and Michael was watching out for his daughter he failed to notice a certain car that had also been out and about.

The two-tone trans-am had been at the Paradise Cove beach, trying to figure out what had happened specifically during his confrontation wit his brother years ago that caused him to go the wrong way off the cliff, though his sonar was offline KARR had picked up a signal of his brother nearby.

As he left the parking space he slammed on his brakes to avoid hitting a small family causing him to leave behind some skid marks, he floored it when he had the chance though ending up roughly clipping a car's rear bumper that had been trying to reverse out of it's parking space.  Due to the amount of people there KARR had up his original plate which read "KNIGHT" instead of his preferred one with his own name on it.

He quietly grumbled to himself about the incidents, he hadn't want to cause anyone trouble least of all his brother but simply couldn't risk being discovered for the time being so he was off to elsewhere so long as he stayed out of KITT's quite large sensor range radius.

It wasn't until later that news of this other trans-am reached Michael's ears after he and Ashley had got themselves soaked and had a whole load of fun.  After which they got dried and dressed in the bathroom before heading back to KITT.  That was when he started hearing people talking.

'Whoever was driving that car should've been booked for doing that!  Where are the police when you need them?'  One woman said.

'Did you see that two-toned trans-am?  It nearly hit a family!  Can you believe that?!'