Chapter 23

The next morning Ashlyn was taken home and had packed her things and was waiting out the front of the mansion with Prince for her ride to come and pick her up.  She had decided that it was useless to try and argue so she was better off to just accept it and move on, besides it wasn't like she was never going to see them again they would still come to visit her once a month.  She stared stone faced toward the gate as she heard footsteps come up from behind her.

'I'm sorry this is happening, Ashlyn.'  She turned to see Devon standing beside her.

'No need to apologise Mr Miles, it was bound to happen eventually.'  She replied.  Then she heard Bonnie and RC walk up to stand next to them.  'I will miss you all, though.'

'We'll miss you too, but I have something for you before you go.'  He took out a necklace from his pocket.  She looked at it and smiled; it had the black FLAG symbol on it and was on a thin silver chain.  'Just something to remember us by.'

'Thank you Mr Miles.'  She smiled.

'You're welcome.'

'Are you sure there's no way I can stay?'

'I only wish there was.'  Devon shook his head.

'Then where's my Dad?'

'He'll be here to see you off soon.'  Bonnie said.

'Not to be rude or anything, but where is my ride?  I really would like to get this over with ASAP.'  She said tears starting to well in her striking blue eyes.

'It shouldn't be too much longer.'  RC said and he hugged her gently.  'Take care of yourself, ok?'  Ashlyn nodded before hugging Bonnie, then as she let go a familiar black t-top drove around to the front.

'Ready to go?'  Michael asked from inside.  Ashlyn nodded surprised then she put her things in KITT's trunk and got in the passenger side.  'Goodbye!'  She waved to her family as they drove down the driveway and out the gate.

'I'm really going to miss you all.'  She sniffed.

'Hey, I'll still come and visit you, so will KITT and I'm sure these people will be nice.'  Michael tried to cheer the two of them up.

'We'll still be able to talk over the phone or via your comlink.'  KITT reminded her.

'You have a point KITT, but it just won't be the same.'  She sighed.  'I mean what about my friends, what were they told?'

'Everyone that knew you were told that you passed away in the hospital.'

'Everyone?'

'Everyone.'

'So now I really have no one.'

At the mansion everyone was upset, even RC3 was bummed out, but they knew no way could change the boards mind and even though they knew they would still get to see her it didn't make them feel any better about it.

Bonnie had decided to walk to the Semi so she could surround herself in the things she loved, but on the way she passed the spot in the garden where Ashlyn had been shot; some of the blood still stained the grass and she felt more tears spring to her eyes so she hurried to get to the Semi.

When she got inside however she was surprised to RC working on his bike, which was bashed up from the last time Michael had borrowed it, she saw that his mind wasn't really on his work and she offered to make him a cup of tea from the small kitchen that was in the Semi.

'Sure, thanks Bonnie.'  He gave her a weak smile and she went to make them hot drinks.

By the time she came back her friend had resorted to full on sobbing and it wasn't long she had joined in, they both knew it was going to take a long time before FLAG was the same again, if ever.