Chapter 40

Whoop whoop!  Alright!  Chapter 40 and still going strong!  I must admit though, I am beginning to wonder how many chapters it's going to take me to finish this, not that it really matters.  I am also celebrating 120 votes and 25 comments!  Thanks guys!

-/-/-

While they were taking care of things inside, KARR reversed out of the garage to sit on a hill under a tree as a soft wind blew in the night. KITT soon arrived and he watched as Michael and the Rider children went inside and KITT sat silently near the garage. He was confused, he had scanned it expecting to see him in there, but he wasn't instead he was under the tree.

He drove over and parked beside him. 'How did it go? Was Prince alright?'

KARR was silent for a time, until he replied softly.  'The house apparently is a mess, and Prince got injured.'

'Oh dear.... Ashley will be upset, she loves that little dog, especially since he was her birthday present from us.' The car let out a sigh. 'It seems as though every time she moves or has to stay somewhere new she just gets settled and then something terrible happens.'

'Hmm.' The two of them then fell into silence and they sat together quietly, the silence was broken when KARR sighed.  'Brother... How've you been lately?'

'I've been fine, better since you have come back though...  I've missed you, KARR.  Why do you ask?'

KARR thought carefully, 'I don't mean to bring up any bad memories but... Have.... You ever wondered how you've been revived those times you were nearly destroyed?'

'Of course I have, wouldn't you?  I know that I was bad shape and each time it happened I was hurt worse and worse, I have wondered how I was able to be saved, I trust in Bonnie's abilities, but....'  He trailed off.

'We... share a link.' KARR stated.  'Apparently there was some coding error which caused us to have a backup of each other's main programming, so if one of us was to be killed the other likely would soon follow. Thus, one of two reasons I couldn't kill you; the other being after losing D'Solo who was like a brother to me, I just couldn't lose my only brother...'

KITT didn't know what to say, it seemed unbelievable, yet somehow it made sense.  His Ruby scanner slowly moved back and forth as he tried to make sense of it.  He decided to believe what his older brother was telling him, but he had a bad feeling there was more.

He let that sink in first, before continuing "Due to the link and my currently being affected by a nanovirus, you could have caught it - it starts out dormant making it impossible to detect..."

'I.... What...?!' KITT's wheels trembled and his scanner sped up drastically. He knew how damaging the virus was just from seeing his brother suffer, the idea that he... He didn't want to think about it, yet the idea circled around and around in his processor and the more it did the more it frightened him. 'K-KARR...!' His voice wavered.

The older car nuzzled right up against his brother, in a form of a hug. 'Be strong, for me and I will for you. Please. I will keep a connection line open while you go investigate the Rider's home in a moment, message me on anything weird or you feeling strange....'

'Alright.' He murmured. 'I guess this just means that Bonnie and Amber might have to use the method they discover to remove the virus twice.' He tried to remain positive, Michael and Bonnie wouldn't let him perish, they cared too much for that and if there was a way to stop the virus then Bonnie and Amber would find it.