Chapter 15

Baxter had the perfect plan and Knight would never suspect a thing, but even if he did, by the time it was justified it would be too late! Unfortunately he himself would not be the one to see his face when it happened as he had another man to do the dirty work, but he would have his revenge all the same.

This plan of his was so ingenious that it would take a while to make sure that nothing would go wrong and he had the perfect time to execute this little plan, but it was still weeks away. The man he had chosen to complete the task was a friend of his, they had been very good friends during school and he owed him a few favours so this was right up his alley.

Monday. Normally it was one of Ashley's favourite days of the week, but not this Monday. She didn't want to go back to school after what had happened on the previous Friday. As much as she trusted her Dad and KITT she was nervous that she would get left behind at the school. Everyone had assured her that would never happen again, but she had learnt not to trust everything people say, in fact that was one of the first rules she learnt at the orphanage.

Still she did as she was told and went to school, but she didn't enjoy it as much as she normally would. The kids were great and all, they now had stopped playing games that she couldn't because of her leg and the boys on her class even defended her against the boys in the older grades that came to pick on her again.

'Look who it is, the knight in shining amour.' The leader snickered. 'You got us into a lot of trouble brat.'

'Hey leave her alone!' Aden stood up.

'Back off!'

'Go back to class!'

'You deserved what you got!' Cameron spat.

'Stay out of it you little termites, this is between us or more importantly me and the orphan loser.' He snarled. The other kids looked at each other confused; they didn't know she was an orphan, but that didn't mean they were going to let these older kids bully her.

'Go away you big slugs or we'll get Miss Avery!'

'And what's she gonna do? Make us apologise.' The boys laughed.

'I was thinking more along the lines of making you pick up every piece of litter in the senior locker rooms or I could tell Miss Griffon and let her deal with you.' Miss Avery said standing behind them.

'Hi M-Miss Avery, we'll just be going now. Goodbye.' They said and they ran.

During class thought the teachers were a different story, they hardly chose her when she put her hand up, they never answered her questions and they avoided her after classes.

'Let's do some revision on what we talked about last week, what does every sentence need to start with?' Miss Avery asked. Ashley's hand went up along with several other classmates. 'Harvey?' They all pulled their hands down.

'A capital letter.' He replied.

'That's right, what do sentences end with?' Miss Avery looked around the class. 'Rina?'

'A full stop.'

'Good, but what else can it end with?' She asked. Ashley's hand shot straight up, but Miss Avery ignored her. 'Stacie?'

'An exclamation mark or a question mark.' She replied.

'Correct. What do we use so that when someone reads a sentence they can take a breath pause for second?' Ashley knew exactly what she was going to say, but Miss Avery didn't even look at her. 'Tom?'

'Comers.' He said proudly.

'Great so we all know them, but what if I asked you to list something what would you use then?' Ashley tried again to answer, but was brushed off even though there was only one other person with their hand up. 'Ben?'