Chapter 42

Hello everyone!  I just wanted to say thank you for reading this, it means a lot to have people take an interest in these stories and especially for those of you who have followed this one even when I haven't been updating it consistently for quite awhile!  I really appreciate you guys who have kept up your interest in this, despite all the times that it seems like I've just given up on it.

Anyway, down to business I also need to say thank you to Decrosse from Fanfiction.net for helping me in the writing of this story and for the use of her OC Amber.  With that said let's move on with the story!

-/-/-

As the date drew nearer to KITT's birthday plans were made to have a party.  They'd decided to have a nice picnic in the park since KITT had enjoyed their last one so much.  So they organised the food a day in advance, making sure that they had enough to feed the guests who would be there, Bonnie even went to the trouble of making a birthday cake made to look like KITT.  While the kids made their own presents to give to the car, using their skills to make birthday cards and things.  Everything was well on it's way to being the best birthday that they could pull together for their favourite car.

They intended for it to be a surprise party for him which meant that on the day KARR had to take all of the food, presents etc. to the venue along with help from Amber and RC early that morning.  When KITT questioned his brother after they came back from the second trip KARR told him that he and Amber were sorting out some business in relation to her job as an officer.  KITT, surprisingly, accepted that as an answer and didn't question him further, much to KARR's relief.  He hated lying to his little brother, but he knew he would enjoy the party when he got there to see it.

When everything was ready KARR came back to the mansion and took Bonnie and the children to where the party was to be held before returning once more to ask his brother to come on a drive with him.

KARR led his twin just beyond the drive of FLAG Foundation, pausing to ask him something. 'Promise me you'll turn off your scanners? After all, what good is a surprise if it is spoiled beforehand? Also, put your worries aside for today...'  The elder of the cars promised he'd keep a watch out for any dangers or otherwise along the way there and once the were at their destination.

'I don't know KARR...'

'It will be alright brother, trust me.'

KITT breathed a sigh and gave in.  'Very well then.'  He switched off his scanners.

'Thank you.'  KARR knew that this made him uncomfortable, but when he saw the surprise it would be worth it and he was sure the young car would thank him for stopping him from ruining the surprise.

'Where are we going?'  KITT asked, a little confused as they drove through the streets with KARR in front while Michael drove the birthday car behind him.

'It's a surprise KITT and Bonnie has asked that you just go with us on this, alright?  Relax pal, it's nothing bad.'  The man smiled and patted his dashboard.

'Well alright, but lately we've had a few too many surprises for my liking.'  He replied.

'That may be so, but you will like this surprise.'

So they drove to the park and upon arrival KITT was delighted to find his favourite FLAG agents sitting with a packed picnic lunch while the nearby trees had been decorated with balloons and a banner was stretched between to with "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KITT" written on it.  Aside from the group of party guests the park was mostly empty with only a few other families and couples dotted around.  Thankfully they were all a fair distance from where the party was being held so they wouldn't disturb one another with the celebration.