Chapter 7

The next morning Ashley got up a few minutes early and put on her school uniform, it was a blue, green and white plaid dress with short sleeves and plain black lace up shoes., she intended to be on time for her first day of school here. She was looking forward to meeting with kiss her own age and trying to make new friends, but before she left Devon made her promise not to tell anyone about who Michael was or what they did at the Foundation. She promised and then Michael dropped her off at her new school.

'You ready for this?' Michael asked

'Yeah.' Ashley replied excited.

'I'll be back to pick you up at three, so keep an eye out for KITT.' He reminded her.

'Yes Michael, it's kinda hard not to spot KITT.'

'Why thank you, Ashley.' KITT said.

'You're welcome.' She grinned.

''Now remember what Devon said, you can't tell anyone about me, or the Foundation and especially not KITT.' Michael warned.

'I know and I won't, wait is this it?' She asked as they pulled up in front of a large school hidden behind gates and gardens.

'Yeah this it, I'll see you this afternoon.'

'By Michael.' She gave him a hug. 'Bye KITT.' She said as she got her back out of the back seat.

'Bye Ashley.' Michael and KITT replied and they watched as she ran through the front gate ready to start learning again.

'Do you think she'll be alright?' KITT asked concerned.

'Yeah buddy I'm sure she'll be fine, now let's go try and catch us a chameleon.' He said and they drove out of the car park and back on to the main road.

'What do you suggest we do?' The AI asked.

'Let's head back to our friend Armand's to see if our Chameleon still hangs out there from time to time.' Michael suggested and they headed to the remote arms dealer.

'Very well Michael, but this time I suggest using a better disguise and a new alias so you don't get caught.'

'You may have a point there pal.'

Meanwhile Ashley was glancing around at the different areas of the school, it was twice the size of her last one and had a lot more people running around playing games on their huge oval. She couldn't help but note how clean the place was, everything was done to perfection even the kids looked better than they did at some of the other schools she had seen.

Eventually she went to the area where she was supposed to leave her bag, but she was surprised to see that each hook had a name on it and as hard as she looked she couldn't find hers. As she was searching another girl came up to her and wanted to see what was wrong.

'What's up?' A girl that was almost the same height as Ashley with light blonde hair which she kept tied back in a high ponytail and large hazel eyes asked.

'Well I can't find a hook with my name on it.' Ashley replied.

'Oh, so you must be the new girl that everyone's talking about, welcome to Deepreach.' She smiled. 'My name's Chloe, what's yours?'

'Ashley, nice to meet you.' She smiled. 'So what do I do with my bag?'

'Well there's gotta be a hook here somewhere with your name on it.' She said and they kept looking until Chloe found it. 'Hey look over here.' She said and she moved someone else's bag slightly to real a sticker with Ashley's name on it.

'Thanks.' She said putting her bag on it.

'You're welcome, now come on I'll show you where class is.' Chloe said and she led the two of them over to one of the classrooms where kids had already started lining up. 'Hey Emily.' She tapped the girl in front of them on the back so she turned around to face them; she had green eyes and black hair and smiled brightly at Chloe. 'This is Ashley, Ashley this is Emily.'