Chapter 4

Over the next month Ashley grew to like the mansion and the other people living in it, she enjoyed spending time with Michael and his jokes while trying to get Bonnie to help him out with something for KITT. She enjoyed spending time with Devon and listening to his wisdom and she liked talking with Bonnie about trouble that Michael had gotten himself into on numerous occasions. However she still wasn't sure what FLAG did or who Michael really was, she had wanted to ask him about, but every time they talked she would get sidetracked and forget.

So today when she got up and got dressed she was surprised Bonnie didn't come upstairs to say good morning so she made her way downstairs to see what everyone was doing. She found them all in Devon's office talking with a blonde lady that Ashley had never seen before. That was when she looked at the desk and saw the needles set up for the blood test, she froze.

'Ashley?' Michael asked confused when he spotted her standing stone still just inside the door.

'I can't, I can't do it.' She started backing away. Bonnie walked over to her, then grabbed her hand and looked her in the eye.

'Ashley, listen to me. You can do this, Emma is going to put a patch on your arm to num it and you won't feel a thing ok.' Bonnie tried to guide her to a chair next to the table but Ashley shook her off and bolted out the door. 'Ashley come back!' She yelled after her.

'I'll go get her.' Michael volunteered and chased after her.

'Oh dear.' Devon shook his head. 'Afraid of needles.' Bonnie nodded sighing.

Ashley ran through the hall ways and doors until she reached her room and locked herself inside. It took Michael several minutes to find her and when he knocked on the door she refused to let him in.

'Ashley? It's me, Michael, open the door.'

'No, I won't do it.' She yelled.

'Ashley I won't make you do anything that you don't want to, I just want to talk to you. That's all.' No response. 'Please.' He was relieved when he heard the lock click and the door opened. 'Thank you.' He said and the two of them sat on the bed.

'I'm sorry Michael, I.......I just hate them.' A stray tear slid down her cheek.

'It's ok, I used to hate them to.'

'You did?'

'Yeah, I was terrified of them. Until I saw them save someone's life.

'Really?'

'Yeah, without the needle that person would have died.'

'Oh.....Who was it?'

'That's not the important thing, the important thing is that sometimes things that are good for us hurt, but without them things would be a lot worse.' He explained, neglecting to tell her that the person that had been saved was himself. Bonnie had been watching from the door and she knew the story off by heart.

'Ashley, do you want to have another try?' She asked. Ashley and Michael turned to look at her, Ashley slowly nodded.

'I think I can try.'