Chapter 6

'Michael you don't think he's got a grudge against Tonie for helping you put him in jail last time do you?' KITT asked.

'I think he might KITT.' Michael replied and he pressed down harder on the accelerator.

By the time the two of them arrived at Tonie's house they were shocked at what they saw through the window, the Chameleon was holding a gun to his daughter's head.

'Where is Michael Knight?' He asked angrily.

'I don't know.' Tonie replied scared.

'You're lying to me, you betrayed me, what's to say you're not just trying to protect him?' He growled.

'I might need your help KITT, so keep your scanner peeled.' Michael said getting out of the trans am.

'Of course, Michael.'

'When I give you the signal, do the police sirens.' He said and he snuck up to the door and nodded to KITT. He then burst inside as the sound of police sirens echoed from the car.

'Baxter, put down the gun.' Michael said as he ran into the house. The Chameleon turned and smirked at Michael menacingly.

'Hello Knight, looks like you showed up just in time.'

'That's right, I'm here now so you can let Tonie go, the cops are here and they got the place surrounded.'

'I don't think so Knight; you turned her against me so now you both have to die.' Then Tonie elbowed him in the stomach just as he pulled the trigger on the gun so that her missed her and Baxter doubled over groaning.

'Tonie get outside with KITT!' Michael yelled and she ran from the room leaving Michael to deal with Baxter.

'She might have got away, but she won't get far especially when you're not there to help her!' Baxter took another shot which Michael barely dodged and he ran to another part of the house.

The chase continued until Michael got behind Baxter and tried to pin him down, but Baxter managed to throw him off and escaped out the back door, when Michael went after him he had already disappeared.

'KITT, can you pick him up?' Michael asked into his comlink.

'I'm sorry Michael he's out of range.' KITT replied and Michael walked over to Tonie.

'Are you ok?' He asked.

'Yeah.' She replied.

'Do you have any idea where he might have gone?'

'No.'

'Are you sure? Even the tiniest piece of information would help.'

'He did slip the name Tesler when he was on the phone out the front of my house, but I couldn't see his face and I thought he was just someone passing by. The next minute he walks up to me, shoves a gun into my side and brings me into the house, then he started asking me questions like if I knew where you were.' She replied.

'Thanks.' He nodded and he turned to KITT, but before he got in he went back to Tonie and gently grasped her shoulders. 'We'll catch him again, Tonie, I promise and we'll make sure he can never get out. Until then be careful and call me if something happens.' He said popping a kiss on her forehead, then he got in KITT and the drove away. 'Hey KITT find anything you can on the name Tesler.' Michael waited as a series of beeps and clicks sounded and words came up on KITT's monitor.

'I've found something: Samuel Tesler. Owner of Stathex Industries, a company that deals in high powered experimental guns.'

'Sounds like something that our Chameleon would be interested in, let's go check this place out.' He suggested and KITT plotted a corse to Stathex Industries.