Chapter 12

***ELIAS WOLFE'S POV***

She still won't stop fucking staring at me. I've already told her like 10 fucking times to stop staring at me but she just ignores me and goes on humming a song in her head.

It's actually kind of cute, but the car ride back to campus is at least 45 minutes and we've only been on the rode for 20.

"I keep on humming the same song over and overrrr" She huffs and folds her arms over her chest.

I smile at the way she pouts.

"What would you like me to do about it, hm?"

"Let's play some tunes!" she exclaims excitedly and tries to touch my music system.

I grab her wrist gently and tell her no.

"Ugh why not? It always feels like I'm going to a funeral while I'm in this car. It's so quiet I can even hear my own heart beat. And it's beating fast." She says pulling my hand to her chest over her heart.

My left grip on the steering tightens and I suck in a breath.

"Can you feel that Elias. So fast." She starts taking deep breaths which causes her chest to move up and down.

Yes I can fucking feel it.

I pull my hand away from her chest but then she grabs it again and examines my knuckles.

Fuck the blood.

She hums another song and starts gently running her fingers over my bloody and bruised knuckles. It doesn't hurt, it actually feels quite soothing.

"Do you own Vix?" she asks, not stopping her soothing fingers running along my knuckles.

"I do."

She giggles.

"What's so funny?" I do a quick glance at her to see her smiling.

God her smile.

"You're like a stereotypical modern gangster." She's now laughing.

Wait what.

"What do you mean?" I ask nervously but keep my sterile face.

She let's go of my hand and I sigh sadly.

"Welllll. You own like a gazzillion businesses, you speak Italian, which is very hot by the way, you have tattoos all over your body, again very hot, and you just seem so dominant." She finishes

I smirk facing the road. "Dominant huh?" I muse. "I'm just a business man Mia. That's why I teach business."

"Ohhhhh" She taps her fingers on her thighs. "Well then ignore everything I just said" She starts giggling again

I don't think I could ever ignore her.

"But it would be cool if you were a gangster though. You could teach me how to fight and shoot a gun, even though I already know how to shoot a gun. I'm actually really good at it. You know we live in Texas so we should definitely go to a gun range. There's one at like every corner. You kn—"

"Mia." I cut her off.

She slumps in her seat.

"Sorry. I'll just bite my tongue."

I quietly chuckle to myself

I see her from the corner of my eye that she's looking for something under the seat.

"Um." She clears her throat. "Elias"

I hum. "Hm?"

"Soooo" She lets out a breathy laugh. "Funny thing."