Chapter 33

*6 months later*

It's the night before my wedding and we're all sitting in the patio for dinner. The cool May Italy weather is breezing through my hair and my left hand is latching onto Elias' tightly under the table. In front of me sits both of his parents and I instinctively rub my huge stomach.

I'm nearly 9 months pregnant, and my beautiful baby boy will be coming out in no time.

After Elias and I found out that I was pregnant and we told each other that we loved each other, he proposed a week later. We couldn't have the wedding sooner because my mother's men has been hassling us. They nearly killed Marcus and Stefano, so we killed half her men.

That started a war.

She may have been the one who birthed me, but she is not my mother.

So we sit here tonight at dinner to discuss the precautions of what might come for tomorrow.

Elias' dad hates me. He's furious that his only son isn't marrying an Italian. Instead, he's marrying the heir of the American Mafia. Apparently my mother was working with Leo into building an alliance, but she secretly wanted to kill Leo so she could claim all the power. Elias' father doesn't want an alliance with the American Mafia. They're ruthless and not trustworthy. My mother wants the same. I've been under the protection of Elias' mafia here in Italy. It's been nice. I love Italy. Even though I can rarely leave the house on my own.

I look over to see Elias' mom staring at me. Well, more specifically, my huge ass belly bump. Her name is Claire. Claire has been apprehensive about this entire marriage for the longest, but once she found out that I was pregnant she was ecstatic. Not for me, for her son. She's always wanted a grandchild. I give her a warm smile at which she returns half as. Raul, Elias' father, clears his throat. All eyes on him now.

"Okay this is what's going to happen." He says. "There will be guards at every corner of the building to ensure the safety of you." He looks over to Elias. He growls and tightens his grip on my hand. "And the safety of my fiancée and child." Raul rolls his eyes and then nods in agreement. Raul only cares about the heir of his mafia. Not me. Or my child. "You're having a son correct?" He questions with a raised brow. I nod and say, "Yes, Grayson is his name." He smirks and nods. "Well then, I guess we have to keep you safe now too. Since you're caring the future heir in that tight little body of yours." Elias stands up fuming. "Watch your mouth when talking to her!" He spits out. I try to calm him down but it's no use.

"Figlio, please—" Claire tries to say. "No mama, father needs to learn to respect my future wife." Elias says sternly. I get up from my seat, but kind of struggling. Elias looks to me and helps me. "I'm okay, Elias. I'm just tired and gonna to go to bed." I peck his lips before leaving. "I'll see you tomorrow, husband." He smiles and kisses me, but as soon as I make it inside I hear him and his father yelling and his mother crying.

I'm really marrying into this family, huh?
—-
The bright sun that's shinning through the curtains is what wakes me up. I flutter my eyes open to see nearly a dozen women in my room. I yelp and sit up on the bed. I sigh in relief when I see Claire. Okay, I know her. She sees me awake and says something in Italian to the several people in my room. I didn't sleep with Elias last night because it's tradition to not share a bed with your future spouse the night before your wedding.

"Good morning, love. Are you reading for today?" Claire ask, sitting down next to me on the bed and placing a tray of fruit and eggs next to me. I smile at her and nod. I get up from the bed to pee and brush my teeth before walking back to the bed to eat my breakfast. "Is Elias already getting ready?" I ask with food still in my mouth. Claire glares at my inappropriate and childish action and I quickly swallow my food and apologize. "Yes. He is getting ready now. Do you know any Italian, Mia?" I don't know any Italian whatsoever, but I feel like if I tell her that then she'll hate me even more, but if I lie to her then she'll know. So being honest it is. "No, I don't. But I can easily learn and Elias will teach Italian to Grayson." I try to smile, but the look she's giving me isn't bringing me into a happy mood. "I see." She says. Then she shakes her head and gets up from the bed.