Epilogue

5 years later...

***ELIAS WOLFE'S POV***

I'm driving with Grayson in the backseat playing with his toys. I throw back a few glances his way through the rear view mirror to make sure he's okay. He catches me staring at him and smiles big.

He looks just like his mother. Shaggy dark brown hair and the same tan complexion. He has high cheek bones and a button nose. The only thing he has of me is his eyes, except they're more green than mine. More than likely from my mother's side.

We're on our way to the park because he wants to play and I never could say no to him. We're still in Italy because my mother wants to be apart of my sons life and I believe that she will do good by him. As for my father, not so much. He's been distance, but then again, I have been doing the same in keeping away from him. I despise that man.

I park my car and turn off the engine. I get out and walk to the back seat and open the door the see a giggling almost five year old. His birthday is tomorrow, so that's why he wanted to go to the park today. And definitely not because of the little curly haired girl who always comes with her parents on Friday's. I believe she's a year or two younger than Grayson and ever since he laid eyes on her, he's been wanting to come to the park every Friday.

"You ready big guy?" I say to my precious son and start unbuckling his car seat. He immediately jumps into my arms and I have to hold onto the car so I won't stumble over. Grayson is big for a five year old. He's taller than most kids his age. "Woah buddy." I laugh, which makes him start squirming in my arms to get down. I put him down and he starts running to the park. I yell at him to be careful as I grab his things from the trunk.

As I'm walking, I see that Grayson is frozen in place. I follow what he's looking at and smile. He's watching the little curly haired girl that's on the swing set. He's always been too scared to ask to play with her. I think it's cute. I start walking up to my son and kneel down next to him. "How come you never ask to play with her? I'm sure she will say yes." He pouts and looks down. "I'm scared papa. What if she doesn't like me? " My heart clenches at his words and I stand up and grab his hand, walking us towards the table.

I see who's standing at the table and smile wide. "Guess who's here figlio." I say to Grayson, he looks up at the table and screams running to it. He jumps into the arms of the person now standing in front of me. My heart skips a beat every time I see her.

My beautiful wife.

My beautiful Mia.

She looks up to me and smiles walking towards me with Grayson still in her arms. She has been away for a few months a year to finish school and this year was her last year. So now she's back. And Grayson has missed her so much. So have I.

When she got shot on the side of the stomach at our wedding, the bullet thankfully didn't hit Grayson or any major organs. She lived and is as beautiful as ever right in front of me holding our son.

"Hi." She says pecking my lips. Before she can pull away, I wrap my arm around her waist and deepen the kiss. God I've missed her so much

"Hello, amore." I say against her lips. She looks up at me and smiles before pulling Grayson back down on the ground. He immediately goes running to the playground to play by himself. He usually doesn't play with others. He prefers to be alone. I'm not sure why, but he seems happy so I leave it. I look back to my wife and wrap my arms around her.

"How was your last class?" I say against her neck. We pull away and she says, "Tiring. I'm just happy that I'm finally done." She then looks to Grayson and furrows her brows. I follow her gaze and a big smile covers my face. The little curly haired girl is talking to Grayson and he has to biggest smile on his face.

"Who's that?" My wife ask questionably. I laugh and wrap an arm around her shoulder. "A girl that Grayson has a little crush on." I can feel her freeze. "What?!" She shouts and looks up to me. "He's too young for that!" I just laugh and kiss her. "He's fine, amore." She sighs and then leans into me as we both watch our son playing with the little girl. They're both laughing and Grayson can't keep his eyes off her.

I'm in peace. With my wife in my arms and my son playing in the playground in front of me. This is all I've ever wanted.

Peace.

"So I'm thinking about going to grad school." Mia says. I look down to her. "Yeah?" She smiles and nods. "Maybe you can teach me, Professor." She winks at me and bits her lip. I know that look. That look means it's time to go.

God I love her so much. Being her professor was the best thing that has ever happened to me.

THE END.
————-
Not me crying.
Thank you so much for reading Professor. It means a lot that people actually wanted to read my stuff.
I have major plans and big ideas for upcoming books. Like I was dreaming about them and shit so you know it's good.
Swipe to the next page for an announcement!!!