Chapter 31

I'm back at the safe house and I'm waiting in the living for Elias and the rest of the men to show up while Leo is tied up in the basement. It's been a few hours and now I'm getting worried. The man I was with is standing on the other side of the room also waiting for everyone to show up. I never caught his name because we haven't spoken a word to each other. Whatever. I'm sitting on the couch, bobbing my leg up and down because it's been too long. What if something happened. Was I not stealthy enough? Did Leo have men there as well? God I feel sick.

Wait I actually feel sick.

The bathroom is too far so I run to the kitchen sink to throw up. After hurling everything, I wipe my mouth and look up to see the man looking at me. I throw him a glare and run upstairs to wash my mouth and brush my teeth. Finishing up my business upstairs, I hear the front door slam open and chatter fills the air. I run back downstairs and I see everyone. But Elias.

"Where is he?!" I yell at the men. They all stop their chatter and look at me, but no one says anything. So I ask again. "Where. Is. He." I say through gritted teeth.

"He's outside." One man says. "But you need to stay in here—" I ignore him as I run out of the house to the van. I stop short when I see him with a familiar woman. A familiar woman that I want to kill.

Antonia.

I start walking up to them and I can hear Elias cursing at her as she just laughs. "So you know nothing huh?" He says to Antonia and she just shrugs like she isn't about to die right now. I stop next to Elias and he finally notices me. He stops what he's doing and let's me take my turn.

Being the petty bitch I am, I pull Elias' face to mine and kiss him harder while keeping eye contact with Antonia and shoot her a wink, to which she loses it and tries to attack me. I break the kiss just to laugh because she's restrained and can't move. "You look good tied up." I say cheekily. She just smirks and says, "It brings back memories." She coos and looks to Elias. "Doesn't it baby?" I slap her so hard I bust her bottom lip. I yank her hair back so that she's facing me. "So. You were at the party tonight? Bad timing." I blow a kiss to her and take the knife from Elias' pocket and slash her collarbone. She cries out in pain and Elias pulls me away.

"As mush as I would like to watch you kill her, I need her alive. If she dies then a war will happen." Elias says as he slowly removes his arms from my waist. I turn to look at him confused. "But we killed Luis. Wouldn't that cause a war?" He just smiles and runs his thumb over my bottom lip. "Fortunately for us and the Romano's, they have a second son, so he will be the new heir. Now as for Antonia, she is destined to marry into a family to build an alliance, and since she's the only daughter, if we kill her then a war will definitely happen." I nod in understanding and turn to glare at Antonia. "So what are we going to do with her?" I ask not looking away from the crying bitch in front of me.

"I'll take care of it." Is all he says. I back away and start walking back into the house. "Hurry up before I start on Leo without you." I say without looking at him.

I see Stefano when I make it inside and I start walking up to him. "Take me to Leo." I tell him. I'm not patient enough. I need to see him now. He looks back outside to Elias and then back to me. He doesn't say anything and I grow impatient. "If you don't, then I'll have someone else." I threaten and he groans and starts leading me down the basement.

Once we hit the door to the basement, Stefano stops me from opening it. I look at him with both anger and confusion. "You're not stable right now Mia. Let's wait until Elias gets back. Trust me." That just makes me even more angry. I shake his hand off my wrist and open the door and slam it behind me, locking it. It's pitch black and I can't find the light switch, but I don't need light to know where he is in the room, because he calls out to me.