1. New phone. Who dis?

Lian woke up to something ringing in her room. Half asleep, she sat up and looked for where the noise came from.

It's the phone, her caffeine-deprived brain thought. Just fucking answer it already.

When the noise didn't go away, Lian finally reached for the phone and held it to her ear. "Hello?"

"Yes, good morning Ms. Wong. Wake up call?" Said a perky voice on the other line.

"I didn't ask for a wake up call." She snapped.

Lian really wasn't a morning person.

"Your mother called in saying to wake you up at 6AM, Miss."

Even being in the other side of the world doesn't stop her from being a control freak.

"Uh... okay? I'm up now, so bye," and then she hung up. She didn't want to be rude, she just didn't like mornings. Or the person who woke her. Or waking up in the mornings in general.

She got up and marched to the bathroom—is this even considered a bathroom? It was too fancy for her liking—and started getting ready for school.

Typical Mother, even countries away she still wouldn't get off my back.

Once she was all done, she put on her new uniform and stared at herself in the mirror. Somehow the Disney Princess Mulan came to her mind when she saw herself. A beautiful warrior princess... She snorted. That was so corny just now. I need my coffee.

There were only two things that could happen to Lian in the mornings:

1. She gets pissed at everything and everyone for no reason.
2. She gets ridiculously sentimental.

If she's not any of the two, then she'd be like a walking zombie. At least until she gets coffee.

There was another call from the front desk saying the car was already waiting to take her to school.

CAN THIS DAY NOT HAPPEN INSTEAD?! She could only scream in her head.

***

She arrived at her new school a little over 8:30, which was when the bells ring for first period. But she didn't care. She had to stop by a coffee shop for coffee but she didn't know what to order because there was a lot so she spent about 20 minutes to narrow down her choices only to end up ordering two instead. The one she didn't like she gave to the chauffeur.

She got out the car and walked to the school's main door, coffee in hand, class schedule in the other, totally unaware of the blatant stare the girls in the hallways were giving her as she passed. Talk was already starting. Who was she? A new transfer student? But it's the middle of the year! HK Private High School would never allow that!

Lian, oblivious to all the whispers that were clearly about her, made her way to her first class. She'd find her locker later. Right now, she was already 11 mins. late and she wouldn't want her teacher to think she was a slacker. If only she could find RM 104... Oh there it is!

She saw through the little glass window on the door that the teacher was already at the front, on the platform, greeting her students. She knocked before heading in.

"Oh, you must be the new student!" The teacher said excitedly, flashing Lian a bright smile when she saw her standing awkwardly by the door. The sound of students chattering completely vanished the minute they noticed her.

"Uh, yes... Good morning. I'm sorry I'm late, Miss." Lian squeaked.

"Oh no, you're just in time. Class, say hello to your new classmate Miss..." And then she glanced at Lian.