2. Of fast cars and frozen yogurts

Mark couldn't stop the big smile that spread on his face as he watched Lian talk animatedly to the boys, explaining why she was here. They were at the pizza bar again, just like old times.

"So... your parents wanted you to be cultured?" JB asked. Lian just scrunched her nose in irritation and took a bite of her pizza. Mark felt himself smile wider. She was just too cute! Still the same Lian Wong he met years ago, only this time, she had tan skin.

Stop...! His brain screamed at him. Remember what happened the last time you let her in!

"No! You're the most cultured girl I know! You've even watched all the Star Wars and Harry Potter movies, noona!" Yuggie exclaimed, his face showed his confusion.

They all facepalmed.

"Yug, that's not what she meant..." Jinyoung said softly, rubbing Yugyeom's back like a mother comforting her innocent child.

"But you're staying right?" Youngjae asked, his eyes looked like they were about to fall off as he waited for Lian to answer.

"No going back, noona? You're staying?" Bambam looked like a kicked puppy! She wanted to hug him right there and tell him everything was fine.

"That means we'll be together again, right? The eight of us??" Yugyeom gushed. They all looked like kids who were left by their mothers at daycare and begged not to leave them there.

JB looked from left to right, as if searching for something. "Yah. Yah, get a rope, tie her down before she gets away, quick!!"

The maknaes snorted at how lame JB's jokes were sometimes.

"You're ordering us around again." Jinyoung reminded, glaring at JB.

Lian found the sight before her too amusing, she could only stifle a laugh and nod. "I'm staying." Though she did not want to admit. And she didn't want to get their hopes up considering she was still trying to look for ways to go back home. But if she told them that right now, she couldn't bare to look at their sad faces.

Yugyeom squealed in happiness. "For real?"

Lian nodded, smiling at the maknae. "For real."

"Waaah!! I'm so excited!!!" Bambam was spazzing all over the place like a school girl.

Jinyoung, being the responsible mother of the group that he was, patted Bambam's shoulder. "Bam, chill. Try not to pee your pants."

"I'm just so excited! It'll be like before! Right, hyung?" Bambam looked over at Mark, who was just sitting there on silent mode.

He just shrugged, not looking a tiny bit interested. "Yeah, cool."

Lian glared. She still did not forget what Mark did five years ago. Lian could never forgive him for that!

"Yah! Yi En! Don't be such an ass!" Jackson scolded his bestfriend as he glared laser beams of death at the boy.

"What do you want me to do then? Cry tears of joy?" Mark snapped back.

What the! He's the king of all jerks! Why you... you!!! Lian had to use all her self-control not to pound Mark's face in.

"Alright kids, cut it out." JB said to the boys before looking over at Lian with a warm smile that reminded her of her own brother... No! Lian must not be thinking about that right now.

Lian mentally thanked JB for cutting in because she almost lost it and was so near to breaking Mark's neck right then and there.

"Good to have you back, Li." JB gave her another warm eye smile.