57. What lurks in the shadows

Tuesday morning and Mark Tuan just got done with all his morning classes when his phone buzzed in his pocket. He nodded at some guys from his class who said their farewells to him before taking out his phone and reading the text.

We need to talk, is what it said.

Mark gulped down the sudden nervous feeling the message gave him.

He typed back in an instant.

What's wrong babe?

A couple of minutes later and still no reply from his girlfriend. What could possibly be wrong? She sounded so serious. Is she in trouble?? But well, he wouldn't know. She's not even replying!

God, Li! You're killing me!

As if sensing Mark's inner turmoil, his phone buzzed to life, informing him of Lian's reply.

  (A/N RIGHT SIDE IS MARK, LEFT SIDE IS LIAN) 

Can we get Jap food?

Mark just stared at his phone for about a minute, in total .jpg mode. That's it?

That's what you want
to talk about?

Lian replied not a second later.

Yeah.

Mark sighed in relief. He didn't even know he was holding his breath in, waiting for her to text him back. This girl, really! She made him worry over nothing!

Mark always has to be on high alert whenever Lian's mind is on the loose especially now that midterms were finally over, their classes were getting lighter and her boredom at an all time high. Who knew what crazy ideas this girl was thinking? She was always so unpredictable.

The buzzing of his phone brought Mark back from his thoughts and he glanced at it to see that Lian had texted him again.

Yah. Jap food. OKAY?

Mark could only chuckle as he typed in his reply.

OKAY!

Omg stop flirting with me!

Mark snorted. Is she reading those sappy books again? I swear, if I catch her crying over The Fault in our Stars again...!

I'll pretend I didn't get that=)

Mark started to walk towards his car. He has to go back to his apartment to pick Kitty-chan up and take her to the main house. He didn't know when Tammy planned to go back to LA so he'll just have to stay with her till then which meant he had to relocate the helpless black cat too.

Another buzz from his phone. Damn, Lian must be so bored.

Oh but boys who read
are so sexy!

Mark grinned like an idiot. He reached his car and was about to open the door when he felt eyes watching his every move. He couldn't ignore the feeling of being followed but Mark just shrugged it off and entered his car.

He's in uni, tons of people walk the same direction as him. How could he be followed. He's probably just paranoid.

You're not gonna force me to read
again babe are you??

Only if you tell me we'll
get Jap food later ;)

Mark smiled. His girlfriend is so needy.