7. Normal is a relative word

Lian held the dumpling up against Jackson's face, who was sitting across the cafeteria table from her, while he was complaining about some annoying girl in his Physics class.

She stared at the dumpling with much concentration, then at Jackson, and at the dumpling again. She wasn't even paying attention to Jackson's rambling, too engrossed in what she was doing.

Lian felt a soft poke at her side and she turned to see that it was the person sitting next to her.

"What are you doing?" Mark asked, looking at the dumpling curiously.

"I just realized this now..." She said, not taking her eyes off of the piece of food.

"Realized what?"

"Jackson looks like a dumpling."

Mark studied the dumpling then Jackson's face... They look nothing alike! He wanted to say, but didn't. What did he know? His mind was like black and white unlike Lian's that was kaleidoscope. She looked at normal things like it was the most interesting thing she's seen.

"Hmmm. But that's just hunger talking," Lian hummed before swallowing the dumpling whole.

Mark let his head drop on the table.

....Or not. He took everything he said about Lian having a kaleidoscope mind back.

"God, you're weird," he muttered, peeking at her from the corner of his eyes.

She frowned at him. "You're mean."

"Li! You're not even listening!" Jackson stopped his blabbering and cast her an expectant look.

Lian gasped, feigning hurt. "I so am!"

"Okay, sure!" Jackson challenged, "What was the last thing I said?"

Shit. Okay, she didn't know. She wasn't listening but she pretended to know the answer and opened her mouth to make something up when Mark cut her off.

"Something about this girl being out of her mind because she's forcing you to make your part of the project?"

My hero...! Mark, my dark knight in shining armorrr~

"Yeah, what he said," she flashed a cute, innocent smile at Jackson's way.

Jackson glared at her, then at Mark. "Nice save, Mark. I thought we were best friends!"

BamBam waved his milk in front of Jackson's face to get his attention. "Just continue on with your story, hyung!" 

"Yeah, hyung! It was getting to the good part!" Yuggie nodded excitedly, his hair flipping up and down his head as he did so. It looked like dog fur and Lian had to fight the urge to rub Yugyeom's stomach and pet his hair.

"Whatever. I'd forget it, bro. Why make a big deal out of it?" Mark said as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"But we gotta hand it to this chick," JB chuckled. "She's like the first girl who's ever said no to you."

This earned a glare from Jackson. This hyung was obviously trying to rub salt on his wounds!

"She wasn't even swayed by your aegyo!" Youngjae cheekily added before joining JB at laughing their asses off.

"Maybe it's your aegyo's day off, man. Maybe that's why it didn't work on her." Jinyoung tried to keep a straight face but cracked when Youngjae started cackling.

Even the two maknaes laughed along. Jackson did not look the least bit happy with his friends.

"I like her," Lian deterred, silencing all of them. It was like a slow motion horror film when the characters get to that part of the movie where they figure out who the serial killer among them was.