12. The coffee prince

When the group got back from their mini vacation, they did nothing else but study and study. Lian even thought she'd have a nosebleed just trying to understand Calculus. Good thing Mark was good in that field so Lian had a little help from him. She'd be as good as dead if it weren't for him.

Everything went back to normal. It was like their trip to Thailand never even happened. Lian forced the thought of Bobby out of her mind. She didn't like to dwell on the possibilities that could've (would've) happened to them if she didn't have the life she had now. Which just adds to the list of reasons why she hated being part of the World of Money (a.k.a. the business world). Bobby would text but she never replies. She can't catch feelings for him! Better prevent that from happening now than suffer later when it gets too deep and too late.

Even now, it was still bothering her. She felt so trapped!

If only I didn't live the life I live... If only I was free... If only I wasn't born into this stupid lifestyle... I wouldn't choose this life! No. When I'm older, I would never let my daughter go through this... I WOULD NEVER—!

Something blue suddenly crossed her vision and there was a plock! on her forehead as something hard hit it and landed on her lap.

She picked the object and held it up.

Huh? A pen?

Then a white hand snatched it away from her.

Huh???

Lian looked up and saw a very irritated Jinyoung frowning at her.

"Yah. Stop spacing out on me." He muttered through gritted teeth.

"I'm not!" But she didn't sound very convincing.

Jinyoung pouted. "You always do that to me."

Lian looked around and saw that the coffee shop they were in was flooded with girls that were making googly eyes at Jinyoung.

"You know we really should find another coffee shop. This place isn't as deserted as it used to. It's lost its purpose." She jabbed a thumb at the girls' direction. Is that drool on that girl's mouth...?

"No. We're staying here. Their coffee here is amazing."

Lian chuckled. "Yah. Be modest. The coffee in your cafe isn't all that!"

"Oh, you should try our caramel macchiato then." Jinyoung smirked.

Lian chuckled again as she shook her head. She and Jinyoung were studying out at Jinyoung's cafe, they were doing their lab reports in Physics together. They always came here to study because 1) not many people come here so it's peaceful and quiet, 2) Jinyoung was right, their coffee was amazing and 3) Jinyoung would get mad if they went somewhere else.

"Let's just finish this already," Lian huffed as she wrote on the answer sheet. She was at Experiment 28 out of 50.

This is going to be a looong night... But whatever. At least I got coffee.

She raised the mug to her lips and frowned when she realized she was out of coffee.

The girl was about to get up when Jinyoung grabbed her wrist. "Where are you going?"

Lian blinked. "Getting coffee?"

"No." Jinyoung said in a stern voice.

"But why??" She whined.

"You already had two cups, Li. If you get more, you'll be all hyper and depressed in the span of an hour, you know that. No. Sit down."

"Oppa," she cooed. Jinyoung cringed, he knew where this was going. "If I don't drink another cup now, I won't be able to do any work." She pleaded and unleashed the puppy eyes. She knew of the effects her dark magic gets, it never fails.