68 2/2. Us against the world: Lian

DOUBLE UPDATE. MAKE SURE TO READ CHAPTER 68 1/2 FIRST~

(Sunday, after dinner and ice cream)
Lian Wong's migraine was slowly dissolving the closer she got to the hotel because in that hotel, she knew, her monkey friends—*cough* AmberKrystalJaewon *cough*—won't be able to break in her room because well, for one thing, she owned the damn place.

After three straight days of Jaewon, Krystal and Amber, Lian realized she had low tolerance for stupidity. Yes, she says this even after being friends with Jackson for years.

It all started after that stressful dinner with that boys, followed by that bullshit Jaewon was on (saying stuff like 'Take a chance on me, Li,' almost wavering Lian's emotions), and then Amber just won't call it a night until she placed the icing on top.

After their wonderful time at that ice cream shop, Amber just had to catcall a cute boy from across the street whose angry, crazy girlfriend did not like one bit. And because she did not like it, she decided to chase them all while a rabid, manic expression resided on her face. The gang was only able to escape when they hopped into a tram that just so happened to pass by.

"Why did you even run in the first place???" This was Amber trying to pin the blame on them.

And this was where Lian had enough of it. Just as she was about to rip Amber to shreds, Jaewon cut her off. "Rabid and manic was not a good combination on a jealous girlfriend. I do not want my head to be teared off—hence, the running," he said as he sank into the tram bench, trying to control his breathing.

Lian, Krystal, Amber and Jaewon hopped off the tram stop nearest the hotel and walked the remaining distance towards the building. The guards smiled at them ever so warmly like usual as they made their way inside, one of the shushus informing Lian she's got a package waiting for her at the front desk.

Lian hopped towards the reception and asked for her package. Her jaw dropped when she was given a huge yellow basket with dozens of wrapped Pineapple Tarts inside. A note card was set in the middle of it with quickly scribbled words that said:

My darling Li-mei (try not to puke)
Heard you were leaving tomorrow.
I know these are your favorite so I had some especially flown in for you from Taiwan. Safe flight, mei-ah! Until your next visit (you know, if mom allows). Love you~

Lian tried not to roll her eyes as she carried the sweets towards the elevators where her friends had been waiting. She read the note again as they stepped into the lift, a smile spreading on her lips. Zei was by far the mushiest person she's ever known, though she could not deny that he was the best brother a girl could ever have.

***

The next day, Lian woke up early. She put on the most good girl outfit she had in her carrier before waltzing over to her parents' room. Her father was in his pajamas in the villa suite's kitchen, munching on beans and a baguette. Lian made a face as she approached him.

"Someone's up early," Henry Wong said as he kissed the crown of her head.

"Dad, to this day, I still wonder how you can stand the taste of beans so early in the morning," she commented and heard her dad chuckle before she scurried off towards the bathroom where she heard the sound of the hair dryer blowing. That's where she found her mother, already in her dress pants and crisp white shirt as she tried to dry her hair.