39. It's hard to stay mad at a face like that

"Start talking," Lian said as she glared at the boy beside her and the other boy across the table from her. When neither one of them spoke, she kicked the foot of the table.

It was around 3 am and the four other people in McDonald's with them cringed before giving them angry looks. Lian slightly bowed her head in apology before going back to glaring at JB and Mark.

JB looked like he was about to pee his pants while Mark just had his eyes closed as he prayed for their lives.

"So that's how it's gonna be, huh? Arasso..." Lian nodded to herself and fished inside her bag for her phone, the boys eyeing her every move carefully. "I'll just find out myself. Ask Kris—"

"NO!" The two boys yelled. Mark who was beside her took her bag away and threw it at JB who caught it effortlessly.

Lian stared at them. "Give me back my bag!"

JB shook his head.

"Im Jaebum, I swear. I will fucking maim you if you get even as much of a scratch on my Balenciaga bag. You don't wanna try me." She growled.

"But you're going to call Kris!" JB whined like a child.

"I won't if you'd just tell me what's going on!!!"

"Just tell her, dude." Mark said, giving a JB a nod.

The other boy stared at him desperately before meeting Lian's murderous gaze. Then he decided he couldn't do it.

"Bro, you tell her." JB pleaded. Mark sighed in defeat.

"Okay, Li, listen." Mark began. "So there's this girl..."

Lian shot up from her seat, ready to leave. She cannot believe he started racing just because of some stupid girl! Some stupid girl that wasn't her!!!

Mark grabbed her arm in an instant. "No, no, no, no. Not my girl, Li, okay?? Chill." Lian glared at him. "Just hear me out. Please?"

Once Lian sat back down in her seat, Mark went on. "So there was this girl...." When he noticed Lian glared at him again, he decided to rephrase his words. "Okay, so remember when JB and I were out the other night? The time you and the maknaes went on a movie marathon and JB and I went out to Kris's club?" Lian nodded. "Yeah, we were at our usual table just chillin' when some girl just sat on JB's lap and started kissing him—"

"I didn't kiss back, of course." JB defensively added. Lian rolled her eyes.

Mark gave him a side glance before going back to his story. "The girl was legit drunk, and JB tried to push her off him but she just wouldn't let go... Until her boyfriend came to pry her off him."

Lian's jaw dropped. "So then what happened??"

"The boyfriend turned out to be Huang Zitao, Kris's close friend and my former nemesis." Mark answered.

"In racing?" Lian inquired.

Mark nodded. "In racing. Shit was about to go down, and JB was ready to fight but Kris had to interfere and told them to settle things in the track instead. And JB with his stupid pride agreed—"

"Yah!" JB complained.

Mark ignored him. "Even when he doesn't know shit about racing. Which was why he dragged me in it."

Lian was quiet for a while, trying to sink all the information in. "But why are you out almost every other night?"

"Oh, we had to start from the very beginning to get to Tao's level." JB answered. "And some nights I practice tricks with Mark."