Another Epilogue: The Remainders of their University Years

Random Memory No. 1

College kids Mark Tuan and Lian Wong were out eating dinner on a Saturday night. They had chosen a garden-like restaurant that had yellow lighting and a fairy tale feel to it. Of course, this was all but chosen by Lian Wong, who was more than happy that she could dress up like a deity; all in her flowy, champagne dress and sandals with straps that reached just below her knees. Mark enjoyed seeing her look so enchanting. It was completely the opposite to his black shirt, black jeans, black sneakers ensemble. People had teased them saying they were the reincarnation of Hades and Persephone.

As they settled in their seats and had their order taken, they went on with their usual catching up proforma. Mark was asking her about her week, what she did with the maknaes, what Zei was up to lately, and what trouble she's caused with Youngji again.

Lian gasped at that. What trouble! I don't make trouble! Mark laughed and patted her head. Good, good.

Later she asked him about school, and told him about how his mom and sister call her alternately just to make chitchat and ask her what's up.

"Tuan, you have to answer their calls, you know? It's hard enough being a mother, okay? What's even more hard is being a mother to a son who is practically mute like you! Ayi is always worried about how you are doing. Especially since you've moved out, she never knows if you've been eating well. It's not like she can ask the maids and gossip. You don't have maids in your flat. Ayi is considering assigning you one too just so she has someone she can ask."

Mark glanced up from his phone. "She can ask you."

"She has been asking me! But a call from her to me to you, that's how it goes. I don't know the info firsthand."

"So you should see to it that you know the info firsthand."

"Yi. There you go again with your mind games." Lian grumbled and slumped in her seat. Pouting, she thought of how business school is already hard as it is, how it's already a mind game as it is. Every concept has to be psychological! Every customer needs to be lured in unconsciously! Then this boyfriend of hers does the same?! He's always grinning at her and teasing her without a care in the world. Oh if she could just! Just!

Mark watched her with an amused smile. He reached over the table and placed his hand behind her neck, guiding Lian's face closer to his, and capturing her lips in a kiss. The most effective way to make your girl stop overthinking is to kiss her ever so thoroughly that she forgets whatever it is she's thinking about completely; and this, Mark Tuan is actually very good at.

Lian pulled away blushing. A certain someone gazing at her with those dreamy eyes was not helping her blood circulation to normalize either.

"You really are too idle, Lian Wong," he said, a grin etched on his lips. "All I was trying to say is that report to my mom about how I've been eating. So eat every meal with me."

Is this his way of saying she should live in sin with her lover?

So sly. So very fuhei (black-bellied).

Random Memory No. 2

Lian Wong woke up with a start. Her phone was ringing and vibrating madly on her bedside table. Youngji was calling.

"Who is it this time?" Lian asked before Youngji could even say hello.

"Jinyoung," the other girl replied, her urgency evident in her tone. "Hurry! They're on the move!"

"Hao, text me the address. Hang up."

Youngji hung up. Lian was stunned and gaped at her phone. That girl actually hung up! She was only saying that to sound cool! She still had more to ask!