Epilogue

The whole building had already shut down for the day. Employees had already gone home but on the twentieth floor, the lights were still as bright as ever.

A king of his empire—business magnate Mark Tuan was spending another late night at his office yet again. It wasn't like this was the first time. Ever since he founded the company seven years ago, his life has practically been revolving around his work. And well, that someone who's been nothing but supportive and the force behind his actions, the reason behind his success. This reminder brings Mark the sudden urge to get everything done faster tonight.

Groaning as he runs his fingers through his hair, he presses on the intercom for his secretary. "Could you bring in some coffee?"

Who would have thought that at the age of 22, Mark would have created his very own tech company? It's ironic how he graduated college with both a degree in business and in culinary arts, and while the business part came in handy, he had nowhere to put the things he learned in culinary other than make certain people happy with all the recipes he came up with. The thought makes him chuckle despite himself.

Look at him stuck in his office at 11 pm surrounded by piles of documents and contracts he had to meticulously go through, yet here he was, laughing at his own thoughts dryly.

Mark goes back to his documents just as the door to his office opens. He hears his secretary come in before walking towards his desk to carefully place the cup of hot coffee on the surface. She then stands up straighter, waiting for him to address her.

"Thank you. You can go now, Ms. Cha—"

"Mr. Tuan, are you working late again?" The woman in front of him asks, a hint of a smile on her voice.

That's ridiculous, right? How could smiles be heard from mere words? But Mark raises his brows and smiles once he hears this. He looks up to the amused grin of the woman before him. Without even knowing, he's already set the papers back on his desk before his eyes take in the view of her. She was breathtaking through and through, no matter how many time's he's seen her.

Mark runs his fingers through his hair. "I am, actually," he says with a playful grin. He catches the exact moment the woman's smile fell. Now she was pouting and looking at everything in his office but him.

Seeing her react like this, he pushes himself away from his desk and grabs her hand before pulling her towards him. "Come here."

The woman's smile returns. "My, my, Mr. Tuan. Your beautiful wife thinks you're working hard through the late night. What's she going to say when she finds out you're here, a woman on your lap?"

Mark smirks. "Believe me, I don't think she'd mind."

"But aren't you supposed to be with her tonight since it's your wedding anniversary?" She leans in closer to his ear, her breath pushing him to the brink of his sanity."

"It's alright," Mark says, his eyes now ghosting over the woman's lips. "I guess I'll just have to shower her with all my love then."

"Don't say it. Do it."

That was it for Mark. He crossed what little distance there was between their lips and kissing her ever so tenderly (and needy-ly). He snaked his arms around her waist while she reached her arms over his neck, pulling him closer. Over ten years of being together, they still found each other's kisses dizzying and intoxicating. Maybe that's how they both can't seem to get enough of each other.

The woman internally whines as she breaks off from the kiss while Mark left tiny, soft kisses on her jaw. "Stop." She giggles as she gently pushes Mark away by his shoulders. "That tickles."