45. I'm trying to hide. Don't look for me.

"NOONA?!!!!"

What happened next made the maknaes jump back in surprise as Lian shoved an approaching barista (who was carrying hot drinks, btw) aside so she could escape, making a beeline for the staff room.

The two boys rolled their eyes at her dumbassery as they walked over to the counter and were about to follow her to the door when some of the staff told them costumers aren't allowed in.

"We're her friends," Yugyeom explained.

"As if that would be reason enough to let us in." BamBam scolded the other boy but to his surprise, the staff let them in.

They shared a look before remembering the mission. BamBam and Yugyeom tiptoed to the staff room door only to find out it was locked. Yugyeom hesitantly knocked.

"Are they still there?" They heard a muffled voice ask.

"Come out, noona. We know you're there." BamBam said, rolling his eyes. Sometimes he questioned his noona's maturity.

Hearing an exasperated groan, the maknaes knew they won. They welcomed Lian with wide grins when she opened the door and saw them.

"Let's sit over there," she said, pointing at an empty table by the glass windows.

As they took their seats, Lian was starting to get annoyed with the way the maknaes keep staring at her like she's grown an extra head.

"What?" Lian barked. She had to be mean. This was only the beginning. If she caved now, she'd lose. She missed them so much already. All she wanted to do was hug them tight.

"Won't your boss get mad at you if you slack around like this?" Yugyeom asked, genuinely worried.

"So you work here now, noona?" BamBam questioned.

But Lian didn't want to beat around the bush. She went straight to business. "Yah. Where did you come from? How did you find this place?"

Yugyeom snorted. "Noona, you do know this place is pretty famous, right?"

"Jinyoung is sooo going to kill you once he finds out you got coffee here. He'll blame you if he ever got bankrupt!"

"Jinyoung hyung's coffee shop is too far!" BamBam justified.

"And this was right across H&M!" Yugyeom added.

"What were you doing in H&M you don't even like their clothes?"

"Because you like their clothes!"

"What does that have to do with you being there?" Lian's eyes widened in realization. "YAH! SPILL! DO YOU HAVE GIRLFRIENDS NOW? WITHOUT TELLING ME?!"

"You ran away without telling us!"

"We were there to look for you!"

Lian squinted at them. "Why would you look for me in H&M?"

"You eat and shop when you're depressed." Yugyeom deadpanned.

"We camped outside your favorite frozen yogurt shop too." BamBam glared at Lian.

The girl grinned, amazed at how they knew her so well.

Their expressions turned serious. BamBam suddenly got up his seat and started yelling at her. "Yah. Noona. Do yOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED MARK HYUNG WAS?! HE DIDN'T EVEN SLEEP FOR DAYS!"

Everyone in the shop were looking at them now. Yugyeom tried to hide his face in his hoodie as he sank in his seat out of embarrassment.

Lian rolled her eyes. "Why wouldn't he? I'm sure he was just acting but inside he was probably high-key partying because I finally got off his back."