33. The stars have aligned

The maknaes were walking down the hallway of the Wong's mansion, on their way to the kitchen when they saw the tree across them in the huge yard wriggling. They ignored it, thinking it was just a raccoon or something, they heard it was common in these parts so they continued skipping into their happy place that was the kitchen.

Yugyeom chuckled when he stopped right in front of the double door fridge and opened it, reaching over the bottles of liquid and took something out, hidden behind all the sickening healthy food. He grinned as he tapped BamBam's shoulder, who was rummaging through the freezer, looking for a certain flavor of ice cream. The boy turned around and gasped at the thing his best friend was dangling in front of him.

"Y-you... You found it..." BamBam said, as if what they were looking for was world salvation.

Yugyeom grinned. "I did."

"My precious..." BamBam rubbed his hands together before snatching the chocolate bar from Yugyeom. "You've found the holy grail, the light in this eternal darkness! You've found noona's chocolate stack."

Yugyeom laughed at his best friend's antics before deciding to go back to the TV room where their hyungs were lounging, playing whatever game was there. They couldn't sleep just yet, not when Mark hadn't gotten back or Lian still MIA.

It really still bothered him that his noona disappeared just like that. His Mark hyung told them not to worry but how can he not worry?! That girl was crazy! No one was safe with her on the loose. Well, okay, not really. He was worried to death about her safety. What if someone robbed her? What if she got kidnapped! You can't call a person missing for another 48 hours! But then again, maybe they were just overreacting and maybe Lian was just at Krystal's or Amber's, doing whatever it was that girls do.

As they walked back to the TV room, passing yet again the hallway they passed from a while ago, they noticed the tree wriggling again, and then there was a panicked cry before a body―body!―fell from it. It looked human, too! Yugyeom and BamBam were about to race to the glass doors that led to the yard when another figure fell from the tree, this time, more gracefully since it landed on its legs and not its back. The tall thin one, the one that landed on its feet, chuckled as it got up and helped the short, not-so-graceful one to stand before laughing again. It was a sound so familiar that the maknaes exchanged looks as it dawned on them what those tree-falling things were.

The maknaes ran back fast to the TV room where they flung the door open and entered the room, panting and trying to catch their breaths as the hyungs stared at them with curiosity.

"You two look like you've seen a ghost," JB commented.

Youngjae, with his selective hearing only heard the last part of the sentence. "GHOSTS?" He looked around nervously and then hid behind Jackson. "W-whe-wheere??"

"They didn't really see a ghost, Jae, they just look like it. C'mon.." Jinyoung comforted the boy who had always been scared of anything in the least bit paranormal.

"So did you see a ghost?" Jackson asked the maknaes, his eyes never leaving the screen. He and JB were playing one on one in Mario Kart. Feeling Jinyoung's glare on him, he chuckled and said, "You should reaaally get over this thing, Jae."

"W-well, I'm scared, hyung, okay!" Youngjae defended."Chincha, even cockroaches," Jinyoung added.

Youngjae inhaled. "Cockroaches are scary! They are―"

"For the last time, cockroaches ARE NOT reincarnated bad spirits," JB calmly said.

"Uhm yes, it is! I read somewhere―"

"HYUNGS!" BamBam's voice sliced through his hyungs' argument, directing their attention back to him. "THAT IS NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!"

"WE SAW NOONA AND HYUNG!" Yugyeom announced. "THEY WERE FALLING OFF A TREE!"