21. Of paintballs, unborn ducks and soju

Lian did not know what to make of the situation she was in right now.

"Any last words, Li?" Youngjae muttered in a deadly voice, a smirk on his lips as he held his gun to her face. Lian gulped.

What would usually someone's last words be before their very own best friend killed them?

This is it, Lian thought. My cover has been blown.

Closing her eyes, she said, "Now, Tuan."

"What strange words but oh we—umph!" Youngjae fell to the ground as Mark shot him from behind. Instantly, crimson red spread through the cloth of his chest.

Lian ditched her hiding spot and approached Mark who was on the grass, laughing his ass off.

"Hahahahahahhahahahahaha! Youngjae! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR IT!!!" Mark heaved through fits of laughter.

"Yah!!! That was cheating, hyung!!!!" Youngjae yelled as he sat up and glared at the boy.

Mark was still not done... "HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Wong, you genius!"

Lian shrugged and flipped her hair. "I know!"

"Lian, you horrible, horrible child!" Youngjae threw daggers at his hyung who still wasn't done laughing. "You have betrayed the bro code," he said which only made Mark go off on another fit of laughter.

Suddenly, Lian heard some noises from the other direction. She covered Mark's mouth at once.

"Shhh. There's still JB, right?" Lian glanced around to make sure he wasn't anywhere near.

Mark stopped laughing and sat up. "Oh, yeah. The maknaes are taking care of him right now... I think." Mark informed, picking up his paint gun and helping Lian stand.

"So I got Jinyoung and Jackson and you got Youngjae... That means..." She said, looking at Mark with a grin from ear to ear.

"Three down, one to go!" He confirmed.

"How is she so good at this?? It's scary!" Youngjae felt chills run down his spine, Lian was as deadly as she was pretty. Not just in video games but also in paintball.

"Hey, we got Youngjae together!" Mark held his hand up and Lian obliged obediently.

Youngjae gaped. "I'm right in front of you...!" How dare these two discuss about his death in the game!

Lian threw him a look to shut him up. She stood up with the help of Mark and Youngjae but they almost sent her back down to the ground again when they saw JB running while screaming and two kids sprinting after him with laughter that reminded Lian of hyenas.

"HYUNG!" BamBam called after him. "Stop running so I can shoot you already!"

"WAAAEE?! NO, NO! WHY WOULD I WANT THAT?!"

"So that your suffering will end...!" Yugyeom answered followed by another chuckle.

"YAH! I AM YOUR HYUNG!" JB tried to reason but it was no use, the maknaes ran after him like he had their food and they've been starving for weeks.

"Hyung," Youngjae elbowed Mark. "No wonder Lian spends so much time with the maknaes, they're all evil."

Mark cackled and Lian scowled at him for his reaction. Then her ears picked up the sound of a loud crash followed by an even louder shriek. Was that JB?

"BLOOD! THERE'S BLOOD!!!!" They heard a distressed voice scream.

"Hyung, it's just paint." Yugyeom explained.