27. Take me out tonight~

The very next day, they drove back home. Everyone did. Jinyoung's cousins flew back to Korea since they just visited Hong Kong to celebrate their cousin's graduation.

Now, Lian and Mark were back in the basement, pigging out in front of the television. Spending the day lazily for tomorrow was another day to travel, they were going to fly to LA.

Mark nudged Lian's forehead. "Yah. You're hogging the popcorn."

"Make your own," the girl replied, literally hugging the bowl like her life depended on it.

"Wong...! Come on! Give it...." Mark whined. He didn't want to get up, his muscles hurt even when he moved just a little. They went swimming that day the maknaes pulled a prank on them, just to get the glue off their hair. It didn't explain Mark's sore muscles, but Taecyeon wrestling people into the pool did. He went crazy and just started throwing bodies after bodies into the pool, laughing maniacally as he did so.

"NO! THEY ARE MY POPPIES. THEY CALL ME POPPY EOMMA. NO!" Lian wailed and started wriggling on the matt beside Mark who just gave her a weirded out look.

"Okay, stop. Nevermind." Lian grinned. Mark rolled his eyes. "Geez... You're such a brat."

At that, Lian frowned and stuck her tongue out at him before she got up and marched up to her room, leaving Mark alone in the basement.

She plopped down on her bed and buried herself in the covers. Lian sighed. Just thinking about the 13-hour flight tomorrow made her head hurt at the same time buzz in excitement at the thought of reuniting with her best friends! She didn't tell them just yet, of course. She wanted to surprise Amber and Krystal and laugh at their faces when they finally realize she was in the flesh. She could only imagine the serious intense hair-grabbing Krystal was going to do to her.

Lian got up to pack her clothes and made a beeline for her bathroom. She took a hot shower, dried her hair and applied her face cream, basically just anything to distract herself. Anything to avoid the nagging in her head that kept asking about her stupid brother. Where was he? When is he coming home? Is he even going to come home? Has he been eating well? Lian's eyes widened.

HE BETTER NOT BE STARVING OR I WILL HUNT HIM DOWN AND... AND...!

Lian understood that his brother just wanted to prove a point—that he didn't need their parents' money to make it on his own. But he was being so selfish! What about Lian? What about his mei mei? Did he not think of her at all?! Why didn't he let her come with him...

Lian shook her head, trying to rid of it the stupid thoughts it was forming and just forced herself to sleep.

It was useless thinking about what couldn't be undone.

***

Mark woke up just in time his alarm went off. He got up, texting the guys to meet at the airport in an hour as he made his way to Lian's room to wake the girl up. She was almost as dead when she's asleep as Youngjae was. After that, Mark headed to the kitchen to make himself coffee. Lian joined him minutes later, her hair a mess and her eyes still closed. Mark just shook his head and followed the driver to the car so he can send them to the airport already.

The guys were already checked in when Mark and Lian got there. Mark chuckled again when he saw Youngjae at the same condition as Lian, only he looked worse with his eyes puffy. He also had a blanket around him and hot coffee in his hand. Mark greeted the other boys just as the maknaes crowded over Lian who was clearly annoyed by their early flight.

Then they had to board the plane and it was all a blur after that and Mark just kinda zoned out. They flew Business and it would've been a peaceful flight if Lian didn't decide to sit next to him and BamBam and Yugyeom didn't have to choose the seats in front of theirs. Mark didn't want to listen to their conversation, he didn't want to know how Lian ordered coffee every two hours which resulted to non stop talking about cows and skin lotion (?). The maknaes listened to her like she was salvation herself. Then Mark remembered Lian's low coffee tolerance and how she just gets hyper when she's had too much caffeine in her. So with an annoyed sigh, Mark got up and cornered the flight attendant and told her to stop serving coffee to the girl in the right who was in the unicorn sweater.