25- My first love

Next Morning-

Taehyung flipped through the files carefully studying every detail. All the files were related to cases of ASD, the condition Yun had. To say it was a rare condition would be no lie , and it was the rarest of the rare that it reaches to the point where surgery is the last option. Taehyung had been practising for more than 5 years now and Yun was his first case of ASD.

We say the heart is a complex organ, so needless to say the surgery would be no easy . Taehyung was well aware of the complexity and the difficulty of this, he wanted to be prepared and grasp as much as he could before telling you anything.

Yesterday only he conducted a few tests and discharged Yun because he seemed fine. His biggest cure was with him now.

Whenever we are sick, we wish to be loved and to be looked after. We want to be close to the people we love. Yun was no different, for any one suffering from a heart related condition , happiness, love , comfort is the biggest treatment. It might not cure them but it gives them the strength to keep going.
Yun might have been okay living at Lily's place, no doubt he loved everyone at that house but he didn't have his mommy there. His biggest source of love and comfort. Taehyung was more than sure that his condition won't worsen as long as Yn is by his side so Taehyung asked Yn to take Yun with her, he assured that he will talk to Namjoon. He was well aware how soft his hyung  was for kids, he could see the worry in his eyes when he had come to hospital.

'Taehyung? What are you doing here!?' Jae, his collegue gasped seeing Taehyung sitting like a ghost drowned in his files. It was 8 in the morning and he had just arrived at the hospital , he didn't expect Taehyung because he didn't have any sift today plus Yun's report were to come tomorrow so he was supposed to be home resting

"I was just going through some cases Dr. Peter sent me from the US yesterday" He informed, not bothering to look up. Jae examined his condition, weary face, droopy baggy eyes and the same clothes from yesterday.
"Don't tell me you have been sitting here all night?" HE exclaimed standing next to Taehyung.

He just lazily nodded. Jae snatched the file, finally gaining his attention.

"Are you insane Taehyung?! You are a doctor you know better than anyone how important it is to take proper rest?!! For God sake overworking like this you aren't just putting your health at risk but also your patients!! How can you treat them?! How can you operate them when you can barely keep Your Eyes open!!!" Jae almost yelled at Taehyung's recklessness.

Day before yesterday Taehyung had a big surgery which lasted for the entire night and from the next morning he was busy due to Yun and now he didn't sleep last night either. To say he looked horrible would be apt.

"I know Jae, but you know how critical Yun's case is right? Tomorrow I have to show reports to his family. It concerns the life of the poor child , I don't want to miss anything" He justifies barely having the energy to speak.

"I know Tae, but this ain't the way. You need the rest too only then you can treat him" His tone more softer and calmer.

"I know...but... I have to save him jae..y.. yesterday when I saw her crying I felt so helpless , I couldn't see her cry, jae. If anything happens to Yun I can't even imagine what She...no.. no I don't even want to think about that! I will save him. He will be fine" He shook his head trying to shake off any negative thought his mind had collected.

"You love her don't you?" Jae cheekily smiled, reading his friend's heart.

Taehyung looked at him then back to the picture he had once clicked while hanging out that now had a permanent place in his drawer,  before shyly nodding. "I always admired her so much Jae, she is such a pure soul. I never thought it could ascend to anything more than a friendship, I believed I always asked her to  "hang out" like any friends do but my heart never took it just as a simple hang out. In just a few months my heart became so fond of her smile, her eyes , her sweet talks , I didn't even realise when I fell so hard for her" A beautiful smile had adored his tired face as talked about his love, so precious and pure.