BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 3

BOLD AND SERENE

Bismillaah

EPISODE 3

MAHMUD

"As salaamu alaikum warahmatullah Baaba" I greeted my Baaba who was sitting in the parlour,watching news on the Tv. I didn't wait for his reply and rushed upstairs. My hands were full with a bowl of ice cream of Noor's favorite flavour,a box of cupcakes,a packet of chocos and a cocktail drink. You know who I am trying to coax already. I will get to the other side of Noor if I fail to bring her all these.

Even in my own room,I need to knock before getting in! Hufff.

I slowly knocked and plastered a big grin on my face,waiting for the queen to open the door whenever she wishes. Luckily,she opened it in a jiffy and her eyes dilated when she saw all the yummy stuff that I was holding. She scanned everything again and again and stressed.

"How ....about... pizza?" She enunciated

How did I forget that this girl can kill for Pizza!

To be honest,I was already tired and I was contemplating on how to go back. I looked at her with a helpless face which made her move and allow me in.

"If you forget it next time then no mercy" She added.

"Salaamu alaikum Noor" I smiled and salaamed.
She smiled back sheepishly knowing she forgot her favorite Salaams.

"Noor,do you have friends in school?" I don't even know where that question came from.

"Yes bayyaa,I have a lot of friends,Saffiyah,Khadijah,Faatima,Halimah,Ayesha,Faroukha and many more" This girl is not normal,how can someone have a sack-ful of friends?

"Which Ayesha is that?" I was curious to know
"Ayesha Yaqub,why do you ask?" I don't even know.

Ohh crazy me! How did I forget That Noor is in Baraqah SSS whiles Ayesha Haqqiy was in Shariah.

"No,I came across one Ayesha today but she was not in your school" Noor hummed.

"There is something about that girl Noor,something that I cannot fathom" I started sharing my thoughts.

"Mahmud! Hmm hmm" She smirked and smiled. This girl has grown too negative for her age.

"Stop that devilish mind of yours ok" I grabbed the pillow.
She jumped from the bed and started making her way to the door.

"Bayyaa is in love! Bayyaa is in love!" She started making a fuss inside the room. I grabbed my forehead in regret. This girl will never understand. "I think I need to talk to Umarr instead" I thought aloud. That made Noor stop.

"Why Bayyaa,talk to me please"
"I cannot talk to you Noor,you are too young to understand" I said that to make her start acting mature.
"Don't say that please,you know I can understand you"
"Really...you will understand that life is not all about love right?"
"Yes I will"
"Pinky?" I folded my fingers and released the pinky for a promise.
"Promise!" She yelled.

"Ok listen. There is this girl that I saw at the school that I visited today,Shariah. She was so different from all the other students and she was always alone. I wonder if she even has friends. She was so calm and collected but also looks very ambitious..."

"Bayyaa,you stopped me from thinking about love and you are describing her so lovingly?" Oh Noor!

"Noor,your fairy tales have corrupted your thoughts,she is just a girl of your age probably. I...."

"So? Age is just a number. Leave my fairy tales alone please,I will find my prince soon just like you've found this princess"

"I'll stop talking" I warned. And she ran her index finger on her mouth closing an imaginary zip.