BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 25

*BOLD AND SERENE*

EPISODE 25

Bismillaah

*MAHMUD*

I was getting ready for office when Noor suddenly barged into my room.

"Bayyaa,there is something off about dad" she sat on the couch.

"There has always been something off about him since mum's death" I said.

"Yes I know but this one is different" she paused "I heard him talking on a call with someone asking him to leave his daughter alone"

"Are you sure that's what you heard?" I asked.

"100 percent! Could it be that dad has another daughter?"

"That cannot be,i mean,I was there when you were born and dad didn't get any wife after mummy" as far as I could remember.

"What if..."
"No Noor,don't think about the worst. Dad cannot do that,he is not perfect but he is not a bad insaan" I defended him but Noor will not buy any of those.

"Let's find out,that's better than arguing over it" she suggested.

"If I turn out to be saying the truth,you will not get any extra food for a week" I conditioned.

"If I win,then double extra food...deal!" She rose from her seat. "Follow me" I did just that.

She shushed at me when we reached Dad's door. She placed her ear on the door.

"He is in the bathroom...I'll quietly go inside and steal his phone" she whispered. She tiptoed inside and took dad's phone. Like a rat,she scurried out and gently closed the door. She turned it on and went to the call logs.

"How will you find the number?" I asked.

"Dumbo! I'll look at the call that was done at 9pm" my mum talked.

"Yesss!" She squealed and threw a punch in the air,just that my face was in the place of the air.

"You'll kill me Noor" I held my face in my hands. Without saying a word,she pulled me to her room and closed the door behind her.

"Chupp!(be quiet)" she dialed the number.

"You have to talk and act like dad so that he won't know,ok" she whispered as the phone rang.

"You've succeeded Habeeb,Wow!" The man said. Wait,I know this voice...

I was thinking of the voice when Noor tapped me out of my reverie and signalled with her hands for me to talk.

"I always succeed anyway" I said with a hoarse voice,trying to imitate dad.

"Your daughter escaped but I'll not let things go so easily. If I find her again,I'll kill her for sure!" He screamed from the other side.

"Mr Farouq?" I said in my normal voice.

"Ohh,baby boy. So you are with your father. He has finally told you the truth about your long lost sister?" He spoke nonchalantly. Both Noor and I opened our eyes in shock.

"What are you trying to say Mr?"

"Habeeb will never change,he didn't tell you...tsk tsk tsk" he paused for a while and his evil laughter filled our ears... "your father simply sold out his other daughter to me and wants to take her back,no w...."

The phone got grabbed from my hold. I looked up and met dad's blood shot eyes. He roughly pressed the red button and the call ended.

"How dare you touch my phone?" He raised his hand for a slap but I was quick to stop it.