BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 7

*BOLD AND SERENE*

Bismillaah

EPISODE 7

*MAHMUD*

It is another fine morning,Alhamdulillaah. I woke up to the sweet chilly breeze freshening the environment as a result of the rainy atmosphere. I really wanted to go back to sleep,I have no fajr to offer anyway. I mean I have prayed fajr already. I threw myself back on bed to sleep for two more hours. You might be thinking why my little mosquito hasn't come around to disturb my peace. Well,their exams are starting in a week's time and she cannot afford to have carry overs,that being the case,she has gone to stay with grandMa Rahmata who lives almost opposite her school and she will be able to study better if she stays there because,according to her...the atmosphere there is just so study-loving. I can't deny that I miss her but I am sure she will be back in two days. Noor just cannot live without daddy and of course,me. The thoughts of Noor lingered on my mind and I didn't remember when I dozed off.

"Mahmud" A slight tap from Dad made me flicker and sit up straight.

"You'll be late for office" he announced and turned to leave

"I am not feeling well dad,I don't want to go to office either" I explained how I felt and it was no excuse,I was feeling a severe headache.

"Then alright,you can take some rest for today. You really over-work yourself" he showed some concern for me and that brought a smile to my face.

I can't understand how fatigue got hold of my bones even when I get enough rest over the weekends. I definitely am not visiting the hospitals either,that place is my nightmare.

Hours passed so quickly and it was 13:00 o'clock already. I picked my phone from the nightstand and tuned in to the radio to listen to the daily news. A lot of blabbers ran out of the mouth of the news broadcaster and I listened keenly hoping to hear anything interesting today.

I got up and attempted to go into the washroom when my little radio announced " _A little girl left home for study classes and went missing on friday evening_ " that one caught my mind,I mean students are my friends and I cannot tolerate any injustice done against them.

" _Her parents have been searching every nook and corner of the country for her and the case have reached the police_. _The girl's name is Ayesha Haqqiy and if any information is found regarding this case,you may call 2254..._ " I quickly took my phone and went to the keypad to dial the number. From nowhere,I got filled with too much energy and I was ready to use it for sure. But who dared kidnap Ayesha, *if* ,if she was actually kidnapped.
I got into the washroom and took a quick shower. I put on grey sweat pants and a black T-shirt. I quickly threw a cap over my head, slid my feet into my new sandals and ran out. I went in search of dad and met him sleeping,I decided to not wake him up and asked the gateman to inform him of my departure when he wakes up.

I called the number that was shared on the radio
"Hello" came a female voice.
"Hi As salaamu alaikum" I greeted.
"How may I help you?" She asked
"I want to help in the search for Ayesha,what can I do?"
"Please come to the address that I am about to send you and we will tell you more" she added and hung up. I got into my car immediately the phone beeped.

I reached the place in an hour and realised it was a mini police station. I went inside and asked the officers that were on the reception desk and they directed me to a room on the right,where the chief investigator was talking with Ayesha's family. I said salaams as soon as I entered and that unintentionally broke their conversation. The police officer took me with him and asked me some questions to which I answered and he then allowed me in. We all sat patiently waiting for information.
An old man with a very fair complexion was sitting beside me and I later realised that he was Ayesha's father. He kept on looking at me from head to toe and I swear,I was feeling so eerie.