BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 17

*BOLD AND SERENE*

EPISODE 17

Bismillaah

*HABEEB*

One look at her face and everything came rushing back to my mind. She was the splitting image of her twin sister. I felt excess guilt in me,especially when Mahmud explained how he saved her from the goons. I wished I could tell them that this is their sister,but I could not.

It hurts but I know the truth will make me lose my family again. I might lose the regard that Mahmud gave me and the unwavering love that my baby showers me. What if she(Naadira) rejects me and chooses to stay with her other family? With the look of things,I could tell she was in good hands and Allaah will always protect her for me.

Then and there,I made up my mind to keep myself and my family far away from her. She deserves better people and she's got that. I cannot proudly call myself her father even though I gave birth to her. I exchanged her for worldly goods and I cannot believe I did that.

Years ago,when things improved and everything was going well with us,I decided to go and get her from Musa.

"She's in better hands and I am not ready to let her slip out of my hold...not for money" these were the exact words that Musa told me and for some reason,I believed him and left since I was not ready to ruin her life after ruining it already.

"Knock knock" my dear angel tilted her head through the door and pulled me out of my trance.

"Come in Malaika"

"Daaad! Everyone has a specific nickname for me but I love yours the most" she cooed. The day that she finds out that I separated her from her twin sister. I am scared I will lose all these! It's even funny how destiny played a great role of bringing them together without my knowledge.

"Where are you lost Dad?" She flickered her small hands over my face.
"Nowhere...I just realised my baby is growing so fast,you'll soon be in grade twelve and graduate in a blink" She smiled...the same goes for Naadira! My Black Princess...they call her Ayesha though. I shun the thought out of my mind,a despicable man like me deserves no smiles in thinking about a strong young lady who was my daughter for some minutes.

"Dad,I now have a bestfriend" from nowhere,Noor brought up a new topic. She changes bestfriends every month and this one is not going to be different.

"Malaika! I'm wondering who's this new bestfriend who will be changed in a month again" I literally grumbled.

"No dad,you don't understand. Those other bestfriends were just classmates and the one who sits with me becomes my friend since our teachers change our sitting arrangements every month. This new bestfriend is not just a bestfriend. I love being around her even though we are not classmates. Ayesha is just like my long lost sister!"
Her words sent a pang to my heart. They were actually sisters.

Noor always wanted a partner and that led to her befriendment of numerous friends. Her brother and I try everything we can to keep her happy and comfortable and that played a great part. I normally hear people say 'separated twins always yearn for each other's presence as far as they are alive' and I believed it. All thanks to their most generous father they've suffered living in each other's absence. Now that they've met,I am certain they will never separate. The only fear I had was the truth coming out one day...I don't want any ruckus anymore. If ya Maryam had been here,she'd be able to handle everything. She was way smarter than me and a mastermind in handling things,she was a blessing in disguise. May Allaah grant her a peaceful rest.

"Milk" I wasn't even aware that Noor left until she came back with two cups of milk.

"Shukran Ya Malaika" she smiled.