BOLD & SERENE : EPISODE 33

*BOLD AND SERENE*

EPISODE 33

Bismillaah

*AYESHA*

I joined Fatimah and Zainab in the kitchen to prepare a delicious lunch for everyone. Alhagie went fishing and caught some big fresh snappers which we will cook into stew. I volunteered to cook,Zainab washed the bowls and Fatimah swept the kitchen and helped in peeling some legumes. The atmosphere in the kitchen was eerily quiet even though I know the girls to be somehow talkative. Maybe they enjoyed each others company better,whatever the case was,I was cool being quiet.

"Hey Ayesha,are you always this quiet?" Fatimah asked in a mocking tone. I just smiled as a reply and continued stirring the food.

"Well,that's not good. I normally hear people say 'the quiet ones are very dangerous humans',right Zainab?" She asked Zainab who nodded vigorously. I liked the way they were trying to make me feel bad in a civilise manner. They have no idea of what it takes to make me feel bad,do I even feel bad...I do but not for petty things like this.

"It's ok to be dangerous as long as it won't hurt others" I tried to keep the conversation going.

"Can I ask you something?" It's still Fatimah talking. I nodded.

"What's with you and Bilal?" Ok. I didn't see that coming. I looked at her and I could tell what was written on her face. Jealousy! So she's eying my dear brother? This is getting interesting.

"Bilal..." I cleared my throat and had some mischievous thoughts running on my mind. "He's my cute gentleman,my human saviour...my bestfriend,my partner in everything,my best cook. Ohh! I cannot name all what Bilal is for me and guess what? I am the same for him" I blinked with a smile. I was laughing inwardly to whatever was going on in her little head.

"Anyway...did he explain how he kissed me some weeks ago?" What? Was she lying to win some points,lol.

"No need to lie dear,Bilal will not do that,he is decent and is a Muslim!" I removed the pot from the stove and placed another one.

"You better ask your gentleman,since he is a Muslim,I believe he won't lie" she smirked. Ok. She was so sure of what she was saying but I couldn't bring myself to believe Bilal would do such a thing. He was not that bad,he is not even bad at all.

Lunch was done and everyone was called out to come and enjoy our three-cook meal. Nnaa was very glad,she was so eager to take her first morsel. So was Alhagie. The eagerness never went into wastage. Everybody enjoyed the meal and we were so glad. No matter where I find myself,amidst being unwanted by my real Family,I always have a reason to smile,I have nothing to complain about. Maybe I wouldn't have been blessed with all these happiness if I was like every other child.

Nnaa said she wanted to talk to me after lunch. I headed to her hut immediately I was done washing the dishes.

"Salaamu alaikum Nna" I leaned on one knee to greet her and her smiley face beamed as she replied my salaam.

"Please come and sit here my child" she patted the space beside her and I took a seat. "I want to ask you a sensitive question...may I?" I nodded. Nnaa was just like a mother and I felt comfortable in her presence.

"You know kids of this generation are complicated. They do things that we never imagined doing when we were young. Uhmm,do you have a boyfriend?" Awwn,I cannot blame Nna for asking such a question. I mean who does not have a boyfriend in this generation of ours? I'm forced to believe I am the only one.

"Don't worry Nna,I am still living in your generation. I don't have any boyfriend and I don't want any" I assured her.

"I am pleased with your answer my child" she hesitated for a while and asked. "What's your say on marriage?" I don't know whether I will be termed as a desperate kid but I have no objection to marriage as far as I am now heading nineteen.