• Thunderstorms

It was a stormy day in outer banks. It seemed like it was raining more at the cut instead of the figure eight.

One thing is, i'm terrified of thunderstorms. To the point where I just overthink and cry. I don't know why but I've been scared of them since I was a little girl.

Also another thing is I've been dating my best friend, JJ Maybank and he has no clue I'm frightened of them. He's actually on his way over to my house and i'm just scared of telling him my fear because what if the boy makes fun of me?

I mean we've been together for about 2 months now and it's the first time it's stormed like this for a long time. Hurricane weather. Gotta love it.

Right now, I'm curled up in a ball in my room trying not to freak out. I have my ears plugged and my eyes shut until I feel a vibration of what seems to be a door knocking.

I get up and I was right. JJ was knocking at my front door and I hurry and open it as he comes in and gives me a hug.

"Missed you!" He smiles.

"M-missed you too!" I stutter but then he looks at me with confusion.

"What's wrong babe?" He asks grabbing my hands. "You're shaking."

"Oh i'm fine. It's nothing. Wanna go cuddle?" I ask trying to ignore the storm from outside.

"Tell me what's wrong first." He crosses his arms.

"It's nothing JJ. Come on." I pull him to my room.

"Y/n you're literally shaking like crazy. And I heard you stutter. What's going on? You can tell me." He says.

I lay back in the bed and I pull JJ beside me and he still stares at me with a great load of confusion.

"Tell me."

"I get scared of thunder storms." I whisper.

"That's it?" He asks.

"Yes. Please don't make fun of me." I pout and he then holds me.

"It's okay! I would never make fun of you for that. I'm here for you. Just cuddle up to me and listen to my heartbeat it'll calm you down." He says holding me to his chest and I do exactly what he said.

I listen to his breathing and his heart. I couldn't notice the thunder anymore. Only JJ.

"Thank you."

"Of course baby."

This was a request from imtryingtosleep_ thank you for this I really enjoyed writing it! Have an amazing day lovely's!