@6

Amy's POV
We pack up and get in the cars because it's getting dark.

"You ready to tell me why he gotta contact you?"he asks looking at me while driving.

"When we get back. Can you please keep your eyes on the road." I simply tell him.

"You wanna play some music?"

"Yeah, sure." I smile.

I connect my phone and start playing Spoil You by Alkaline.

"Mada rate mi, brother, sister, everybody but the fada doh like mi cause him hear she call daddy oh well"

Baby juss mek mi spoil you get yuh anything yuh like. Long as you alright then mi alright. Mi know yuh mad that's why mi like yuh two a wi mad alike plus yuh bumpa have the proper size you back it up mi deh behind yuh slap it, it mek a noise

"Wull on wah yuh know boh mi artiste?" I ask him both shocked and amused at how well his patois is.

"I've been listening to him for a few years now."he smiles

"Your patois is good. Do you understand what you're saying?"

"Yeah, my dad has a Jamaican friend since I was a child and he would teach me about your language. I'd always make sure he gives me a few lessons when he comes over. I love it."

I couldn't stop the smile that came across my face. It's how passionate he sounds while telling me with a huge smile plastered on his face for me. Plus I've never heard anyone that's not from the Caribbean or Africa speak it so fluently.

It's like there's so much to know about him and I'm so excited and anxious to uncover it all.

"Stop smiling or your cheeks are gonna hurt." he laughs.

I hit him in the chest playfully.

"You're very interesting and I'm very interested ."

He smirks

"I was about to say something smutty but I'll refrain myself from doing so and ruin the moment."

"Tell me summo in patois."

"Mi aguh wah yuh inuh."he says looking at me intently.(I want you.)+Relationship wise.

I shift in my seat and if I were any lighter I'd be red asf.

"Ok." I smile.

"I'm being serious Amy."

"I said ok."

"I'm taking you out tomorrow night on a date."

"Where?"I ask exited and all.

"It's a surprise."

"I'd say I hate surprises just for you to tell me, but I'm not used to them. So ok."

"What do you mean?"

"I've never been surprised with a date venue or a surprise birthday party or anything like that. I've also never went out on a date before. So I'd like to experience the feeling, not exactly the feeling of going out on a date... just the feeling of being surprised by where you're taking me."

I say that calmly but I'm actually mortified.

"Hey, look at me."

I look over at him as he stops the car at the red light.

He cups my cheek and rub his thumb on it gently.

"I'm gonna treat you right. I'm gonna remember every birthday, anniversary, important occasions. I'll make everyday feel like your birthday. That asshole that hurt you is just a senseless fool for the way he treated you. I'll always hold you like I'm going to lose you. I won't take you for granted."he assures me with genuine eyes.