@38

Zach walks downstairs in a fresh pair of sweats and no Adonis.

"Is he sleeping?"

"Yeah."He looks tired.

"I cooked."

"I know, I smelled it once I was inside."

He sits around the kitchen island.

"You ready to eat?"

"Mhmm. I'm ready to eat you."he whispers the last part.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

"Ok. Thanks for the roses and the chocolate by the way."

We went to the dining area and sat around the table. I already set our plates and everything.

"You like them?"

"Why wouldn't I like them."

He raises his shoulders,"I'm just asking mami."

"Well I do."

"Good. It's just that I'm not used to all this. But it's good to know you like them."

I smile. When I say this man is so fine.

He stops eating and looks at me,"Babe?"

"Huh?"

"Can we stop this back and forth thing please. I don't want us to be like that. I want us to be a normal happy couple with love like nothing else for each other. Can we just be a happy, problem free couple. I hate and I'm tired of this petty shit we got going on. We need to communicate more and you really need to stop playing with me."

"Ok."

"You promise?"

"Yes, I promise."

"No more trying to get me jealous and upset?"

"Yes, and no more of you_" I stop to think. Mhmm the only thing he does is act dominant and I actually like that.

"Ok."I say

"And you promise to always come to me first before you make rash decisions that could jeopardize us?"

"Yes."

I get up from my seat and stand beside him. He pulls out his chair and puts his hands around my waist then puts me in his lap.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

He lets out a sign and kisses me. Our lips move in sync.

"Thank you."

He takes me by the neck and deepens our kiss. He bites my lip.

I get out of our kiss,"Oh, no more tying me up and leaving me ."

"No, not unless you want it."he grabs me by my neck and continues kissing me.

He puts my legs around him and lifts me up. He puts me on the table and slide the dishes. Everything slides off and you could hear them shatter.

"Oh my gosh."

"Don't worry about it."

He gets on top of me and continues kissing.

"Fuck."he mutters.

"What is it?"

"I'm supposed to leave."

"What? Why? You literally just got home."

He gives me an apologetic look,"Mi dispiace piccola."(Translation:I'm sorry baby.)

"É meglio che tu sia."(Translation:You better be.)

"I'll make it up to you."he kisses me on my cheek.

"You can't keep me in a loop forever Zach. I want to get involved or atleast let me know what's going on."

"No."

No? No? What is that? No? Zach telling me no? I must not be hearing correctly.

"Huh?"

"No."

"No?"

He signs,"I just don't want you to get involved in any of this neonata."

"I don't care. I want to."

"Just no ok. Now bye. I gotta go."he pecks me on the lips.

"I love you."he makes a nervous smile at me.

I roll my eyes,"I love you too. Ora ciao."(Translation: Now bye.)

He smiles and holds my head to kiss my forehead,"I'll be back soon."

"K."

He walks off.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you. We're going to my parents' tomorrow, then we're gonna meet everyone at our private estate to finish the rest of summer there."

"Our? Do I have a private estate? You mean your private estate."

"Anything that's mine is yours."

"Oh."

"I invited your cousin and his girlfriend too."

I furrowed my brows.

What is he talking about?

"Niko, the guy you were staying with. The one I would've killed. Him."

I just blink a few times.

"You could've told me he's your cousin baby. Now I gotta make amends for my rube behavior towards him."

I get off the table. "Don't you have somewhere to be Mr. Lane?"

"Yes, I do bellissima."

"Exactly caz ion see why you still here."

"Damn ok since you want me to leave I'll leave."he fake pouts.

So childish.

I start to clean the mess he made even though he told me he'd take care of it. He went upstairs to get some stuff.

He left and I'm here in the sofa watching Power Book II: Ghost.

Someone turns the tv off and lifts my sleepy body up bridal style. I must've fallen asleep watching the show.

He puts me on the bed and comes on it after. He cuddles me then I turn and put my head on his chest.

He wraps his hand around me and kiss my head.