2.04

Hello, my lovelies. Got an update for you! I hope you enjoy it. 

Emma xox

***

She could add loose hair to the list of questionable choices that she had made that day.

The ride in the back made her feel like a serotonin fueled golden lab poking its head out the window as it rode down the freeway. Perhaps dog analogies were not quite the tone she should strike, though - it seemed a little harsh to her newly found werewolf people. 

Speaking of such people, Tyler sat across from her - arms folded and eyes focusing directly on her face. 

"So what's new in your world Lockwood?" Nothing. No answer, not even an acknowledgement of her existence. "Girlfriend? Wife? Baby? You mean to tell me you are a father, congrats!"

"I'm not pregnant Grace." Her careless chaos had thrown him off balance, and it had come out all wrong.

"I know dummy. But seriously what's up - I have missed out on so much - from being in a coma to going away. Besides, I want to try turn over a new leaf - if I am going to be stuck here I may as well make friends. Any friend of Beau is a friend of mine."

"Beau isn't your friend Grace."

"Well you are his." She smiled, ignoring his snide comment. "So..."

"Well, what is there to know. I'm a senior, my dad died because he was a wolf and he didn't even know it and my mum is on the council opposed to everything supernatural. I spent a night every month breaking every single bone in my body and turning into a monster and well I am dating Caroline now." He tailed off in a whisper.

"Oh what was that? You are dating Car, so you moved on from Matt's sister to mine."

"Car isn't your sister Grace."

"Well her mother adopted me and she is her mother's daughter. A rose by any other name and all that."

"I've never even heard either of you refer to each other as sister before."

"Becuase we don't - she isn't my sister Lockwood it was comedic effect. Lighten up! You've gone from, pardon me, your best mate's sister to your best mate's exes best mate. A little Alabama don't you think."

"Vicki is dead Grace." 

"I forget." The smile didn't quite fall from her face. Instead, she shook her head. "Memories from then are still kinda fuzzy."

"It's alright I guess." Leaning back, he narrowed his eyes. "I've been meaning to ask - Rafferty seems pretty convinced that you aren't a vampire or up to anything sketchy."

"Yet?"

"Yet I've been able to smell blood on you from the moment you walked in the house."

"Blood?" 

"Yes blood."

Grace's nose twitched as she took a deep breath, but Beau's cornering was as skilful as ever, and she was knocked off balance and fell to her knees. The jolt didn't hurt so much as startle her, but her hand landed on her book bag. It squished and squirmed as if a liquid under pressure was trying to run away from her grip. Clenching her jaw, she drew herself up back to where she had been sitting and opened the bag.  There among the stationery and supplies were two blood bags - it didn't take her long to figure out who had sneaked them in there.

She must have been so busy plotting murder and general violence in the first class she had forgotten to pay any attention to what was inside. 

"Rebekah." She muttered, turning her bag toward Tyler. His eyes darkened, and his jaw clenched.