31

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thank you for all your love and support for this book and Grace - I hope you enjoy this chapter as a little Christmas present from me to you, albeit not Christmas themed it has essential content to Grace's character development and will also shed a little light on questions that some of you have and predictions that have been made by others.

Emma xox

25th August 2010

"Can you get me into a Super max?"

"What?"

"I said can you get me I to a super max prison? Can you compel the guards to let me visit a prisoner in a super max prison?" Her voice was strained with either conviction or desperation but Stefan was still reeling from what he had just witnessed.

"I heard you but I just couldn't process what you had said. Do you even hear yourself?"

"Yes. I do."

"Then please enlighten me as to why you would want to visit a super max when before you couldn't even enter the same city as him."'He continued. "Also did you hear what Klaus said , not a hair on your head. I can't take you in to a prison."

"Stefan I need this."

Relenting he sighed looking down at her. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes." She reiterated stubbornly.

"Fine." He snapped but managed a half smile at the corners of her eyes creased - the closest she could manage to a smile at the moment.

Grace's mind was racing, she didn't even remember how they got to the jail but there she was clinging to Stefan's arm for dear life as they walked through the front doors. It was easy for Stefan to compel them through the bulk of security but they still had to pass through a set of metal detectors to enter. Detaching himself from Grace Stefan walked through with no issue and turned back around to coax her through but she needed no encouragement.

However, as she strode through the light flashed and the guard reached out a hand to stop her.

"It's alright mate." Stefan said smoothly, placing himself in between the guard and Grace. "System malfunction that's all."

"She has a weapon on her I need to search her."

"No she doesn't." Stefan reiterated slightly more firmly though as he compelled the guard the object in Grace's became all the more heavy. "Come on Grace."

Catching ahold of Stefan's hand they walked forward. He seemed to know where he was going to Grace's relief, she tried to take the time as they wondered the endless concrete corridors to formulate her plan, to find her words but she couldn't even form coherent thoughts let alone decide how to confront the man they were about to see.

All of a sudden they stopped. It was a slightly more open room with double doors at either end, they had entered through one set and Stefan's eye were fixed on the other.

"Down the corridor to the end and then the last room on the right." He whispered.

"What?"