26

24 August 2010

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?"

"I can't believe this place is still here."

"You got to be kidding me." A new voice called out, shocked Grace turned to face a fairly tall lady, her hair wound into right coils that radiated out from her head.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender.."

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." The lady shifted her attention from Nik to Stefan.

"I remember you."

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

"Gloria's a very powerful witch."

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day."

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?"

"Yeah, sure thing."

Stefan goes to the bar and Grace trails behind him. Zeus was still in the car and she felt out of place in a bar where everyone seemed to know each other apart from her.

"You have a beautiful aurora child."

"Thank You?"

"I've never seen something so chaotic."

"So chaos is beautiful?" She asked, confused.

"There is nothing more beautiful than unconventionality"

"Speaking of beauty, you look ravishing, by the way." He said, diverting Gloria's attention away from Grace, pouring on his infamous charm. Grace smiled though, even though they were fighting it was nice to know that she could tell the difference between his forced charm and sincere side.

"Don't." She snapped, quickly shutting him down. "I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels."

"So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse."

"Obviously you did something wrong."  She must really know Nik well. "Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old...We'd have to contact the witch who created it."

"Hence why I'm here - for a witch to contact a dead witch - the original witch."

"Why come to me when you already have a witch of your own?" She asked extending a finger toward Grace.

"Gloria, how your powers have diminished over the years. Grace isn't witch." Nik said, turning to face her there eyes locking. "She's human."

Very human, stupidly human even.  She wanted to add but the combined gaze of Nik and this strange witch kept her quite.

"No?"  Gloria countered, moving toward Grace to inspect her herself. "I'm normally never wrong."

"Well this time you are." Grace snapped, backing away from the lady and her poking hands.

"You have a strong aura child."

"But that doesn't make me a witch." Grace replied unsure if she was telling her or asking her.

"Maybe cursed then?"  Gloria said, now circling Grace.

"Gee thanks."

"Gloria what is this nonsense?"

"I can sense something." She replied, not taking her eye of Grace. Picking up one of the drinks Stefan had poured she took a sip of the glass then without a second though threw it at Grace.