0 7

"Team Klaus any day, all little Gilbert can resent me but Klaus can the rest of eternity pure misery I rather be on his side then hers."

"Amen to that!" Grace said raising the carton of pineapple juice.

May 24th 2010

April was long gone and it was now deep into May, Grace hadn't left the confines of the flat and Nik was often away 'taking care of things' but she didn't feel lonely.

Kathrine made time fly by and the two had become the most unlike of friends, initially united by their dislike of Elena Gilbert their friendship bloomed through their similar preferences in clothes and conversation and company

Kathrine for the first time in a long time felt relaxed, the young human girl had given her a glimpse at peace for the first time in five hundred years.

The two had even given each other nicknames. Kathrine allowed Grace to call her Kat while she lovingly but often mockingly called her Ace.

Grace would sneak her blood bags while in return Kathrine would spend the day telling her stories about herself, and Nik and the world of the supernatural.

The witches left her in awe while the vampires made her practice caution but werewolves intrigued her. Kathrine didn't know much about them but would tell her all she knew, with stories of the wolves she had encountered over the centuries and their struggle against the moon.

She had learnt that witches were nature's servants and had to maintain the balance while werewolves and vampires were natural enemies and that while the venom of a wolf was a deadly poison to vampires wolves only had the advantage on night of a full moon any other day they couldn't match the strength and speed of a Vampire even though wolves are stronger and faster then humans.

Fleetingly Kathrine had mentioned a moonstone and ritual and that it great importance to both wolves and vampires. When Grace asked more about she was dismissed only being told that it required three sacrifices but eventually she manage to eek it out of Kathrine that the ritual was actually the reason Nik was in Mystic Falls.

It was late that night when he got in, it often was but tonight Grace had made up her mind to confront him about the ritual and ask for answers.

"Why are you here?" Grace asked, she was sitting at the counter in a bar stool he was rummaging around the cupboards of the kitchen and came out with a bottle of bourbon.

"I didn't see you there love, gave me a fright."

"You're a Vampire of course you saw me, I asked why are you here?"

"I'm here because I live here."

"Not here, Mystic Falls, why are you in Mystic Falls. Is it because of Elena, because she's the Doppelgänger and you need her for the ritual."

One moment he was at the fridge the next he was a hairs width away from her face. "What do you know of the ritual."

"Kathrine mentioned it fleetingly but once she realised I had picked up in she wouldn't talk if it. Is that because of you, is she too scared that you retaliate if she tells me anything of importance?"

"What lies has she been filling your head with?"

"I know that you slaughtered her family because she turned herself into a Vampire, preventing you from breaking the curse and that you've hunted her for five hundred years all because she wanted to survive but that didn't suit your needs."

"And where is the little story spinner anyway I should like to have a word or two with her for telling you such things." He said taking a step back playing his hands by his side an expectant look on his face, the look of a man that gets what he wants.

"She's sleeping."

"On my bed?" He demanded as though she had proposed the impossible, the preposterous, he started towards the bedroom in a blind rage but before he could go any further into the flat she caught his arm.

"But it's not your bed though is it? It's the history teachers bed, Alaric, the one from the crypt, its his bed - its his bloody house! I mean first you steal his body then his house."

"Oh you and Kathrine really have become best buds haven't you, do you braid each other's hair and tell spooky stories under the covers by torch light?"

"Why so bitter anyway it's not like I can talk to you, your never here are you?"

"Me bitter what about you, I saved you from..."

"From what Klaus, all I did on trade in one coffin for another, I haven't been outside for almost a month."

"Its Nik, not Klaus, never Klaus." The realisation that she had called him Klaus snapped something inside her, she felt guilty for the way she had spoken to him.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't mean it to
come out like that I guess I've just got cabin fever from being cooped up for so long, I'm just curious as all. I need to know things, it gives me a sense of... a sense of well."

"Control, I know the feeling, look I'll tell you about the curse, about why I'm here, everything but it isn't all fairytales."

"So a bit more Charles Dickens?"

"Yes precisely."

And so he sat her down on the couch and explained everything, the stone the sacrifice and the sun and moon curse.

He explain how a thousand years ago he had created false documents that told the tail of a ritual to break the curse of either the moon to the wolves or the sun to the vampires depending on who broke it when in fact the curse was placed on himself and it suppressed his true identity as the Original and Hybrid - a being both Werewolf and Vampire.

He explained that doppelgänger blood was the key to the curse and that when pared with the heart of a Vampire and the heart of a Werewolf on the full moon the curse can be broken and he shall become his true self.

He poured his heart and soul out to Grace who sat and took it all in, the information and also the raw emotions being that he was displaying; the pain, the longing, the hope - all very powerful yet oh so human.

"So when's the next full moon."

"Two days."

And two days was not long, not for a seventeen year old or an a thousand year old.

:::

Hope you guys are enjoying Grace so far - I definitely am 😉

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for the next chapter and I am the only one that actually knows what is going on.

See you next week for some more Klace (Klaus x Grace 😉)
Emma xoxo