Part Two

The Cure

"I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also do believe we are only fated to do the thing thing that we'd choose anyway. And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I would choose you."
- Kiersten White, The Chaos of the Stars

[Part Two is set during season three and four of The Vampire Diaries]

We are finally here folks. For some of you this has been a long time coming - thank you for sticking around - for those of you near here well then enjoy. All the enthusiasm love and support I get from you all is honestly so encouraging- this writing is an outlet but also has become something of enjoyment. It is so encouraging to see you all interact and respond - even if it is in confusion or to point out a spelling mistake or grammatical error. It is by means an exaggeration to say that the only reason I still have the will to write is because of you guys, what is an author anyway without her readers.

Now, enough will all the mushy stuff - as a gift from me to you here are the first three chapters of part two. May it brighten up your day (although it sure makes mine more interesting - got to do an awful lot more writing if I release a big chunk just like that).

So, sit back relax and enjoy the ride. Stay safe and don't do anything Grace wouldn't do.

For all you lovely people who have been waiting for this I am sorry it took so long - also I promised a rewrite would come and then the new stuff but I'm going to release three chapters to keep you interested, trawl my way through the old stuff and then continue on with the juicy new content.

Emma xox

***

"Here we are" Caroline stared up at the entrance of Mystic High. "Senior Year."

She had been waiting for this day since she found out that it existed. She never quite could have imagined the circumstances in which she would be entering her final year.

Still, she was standing shoulder to shoulder with Bonnie and Elena - the indestructible trio had survived so much, senior had gone from being a goal to just another hurdle.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?"

Took the words right out of my mouth.

"Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on."

"You're right." Bonnie nodded. "I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?"

"Yes!" Caroline smiled, trying to put a brave face on. "And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day."

"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year."

"Yeah." Caroline sighed in defeat. "You win..."

Her voice trailed off as a face in the crowd caught her eye. It sapped the breath from her lungs, but the other didn't seem to notice.

"You sure you want to be here Elena?" Bonnie asked, her voice as calm and reassuring as ever.

"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life." But the last word didn't come out how it was intended. It sounded strained like she had been caught off guard. And she had. Elena's eyes had landed just where Caroline's had moments before.

"Grace?" Caroline whispered, afraid that by voicing her name, she would somehow disappear. "How is, what is Grace - where has she been, what is she doing here?"

***