0 1

April 28th 2010

It was the night of the full moon and it was all Damon Salvatore could think about, it consumed him and his every thought - that and his mistake. Possibly the greatest one he had ever committed, and that was quite a claim.

He had made many mistakes in his life, some he would shamelessly admit to, others, others were the burdens he carried around, the things that kept him awake at night and the things that would haunt him as he slept.

This was one of those mistakes, those ones you can't just leave behind, the ones that follow you - that demand to be remembered even when you want nothing more than to forget.

Forget and move on.

He couldn't but he could try - either try to forgetting it all and get lost in the bottom of his glass or instead he could confront the issue and try to solve the problem, erase the mistake.

It was a choice he didn't want to make but seemingly, he remarked, one fate obviously decided to make for him.

There waking towards him, and his boose buddy was the source of all his pain.

Swaggering towards him with a smirked stretched across his lips was Klaus Mikaelson - the bane of his life.

They had only ever really met once before, in this very bar a few hours prior.

Damon hadn't been half as drunk as he was now, in fact he was almost sober back then.

But that was a while ago.

Despite all his pleas it seemed this Klaus character was not a flexible kind of guy.

No case could be made for the love of his life, so that in turn she might keep her life. But it wouldn't stop him, not from trying, never.

"Gentlemen?" Klaus asked, the smirk still locked on his lips. "Why so glum?"

"Klaus I presume." Alaric snarled, they were yet to meet face to face.

"In the flesh. Thanks for the loaner mate."

"Any reason you stopped to say hi or are you just here to gloat?" He retorted, Damon could feel the anger rolling off of his friend, he was positively seething.

"I am told you and you're brother fancy my doppelgänger. Just thought I'd remind you not to do anything you'll regret."

A small smile broke onto Damons face at the irony of it all, if inly it wasn't too late.

"Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance?"

"You are kidding?" He Alaric asked bewilderedly. "He is kidding right?"

"No, not really." Alaric replied placidly, his anger now dissipated.

"I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?" Damon jibed lightheartedly but he was being deadly serious and Klaus quickly picked up on the underlying emotions and so tailored his response accordingly.

"Let me be clear." He said viciously jabbing his index figure Damon. "I have my vampire. I have me werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up."