0 6

Before Grace could say anything her stomach let out a loud growl leaving her mortified and blushing red.

"Looks like someone's hungry."  He said standing to his feet.  "Come on let's get you some food, six months is a long time to go without eating."

April 29th 2010

"I guess I am kinda starving."  She said following him out the room.  "Niklaus is a little bit of a mouth full do you prefer Klaus or Nik?"  She asked but before she could get her answer and blur of brown hair pounced on her knocking her flying into the couch.

"Kathrine."  He yelled sending the other girl flying in the opposite direction.  "Restrain yourself." 

"You've been feeding me blood bags for forever and then you go parading her around and expect me not to jump and drain her dry the first second I get - I can smell her blood Klaus." 

"Yes and you are not getting any, not a drop - Grace is not to be harmed."

"So, Klaus then?"Grace asked, her tone unsure.

"No, you call me Nik, she and everyone else in this bloody town calls me Klaus but you, you call me Nik. Now Kathrine remember what I said, I'm just poping into town to sort a few things out but it shouldn't take too long so play nice you two."

"Alright Nik."  She said with a smile walking towards the fridge freezer at the other end of the room - the flat appeared to have an open plan design with bookshelves being used to section off areas.

Inside the fridge the top half was what you would typically wish find in such a place but the bottom half was brimming with what appeared to be blood bags. 

Grabbing one she weighed it in her hands she had seen blood bags before when she'd been to the hospital with her mum.  Getting a juice carton she closed the fridge door and turned back around, Nik was gone but Kathrine was sitting on a bar stool.

"Catch."  Grace said before throwing the blood bag to her.  Kathrine caught the bag and looked back at her quizzically.  "I would rather not be drained dry so can have that - I guessing its not as good as the real thing but I'm also guessing he's got you on a short supply." 

Nodding her head in agreement the other girl stooped down and buried her head in the bag, her fangs piercing the plastic before she emptied it of all the blood pulling away with the red liquid staining her lips but a satisfied gleam in her eyes.

"Thanks."

"Its alright."

Grace took a seat opposite the girl and set about her own juice with slightly less vigore.

"So Grace-Louise Elizabeth Verde?"

"You heard that?"

"Klaus didn't tell you all the perks of being a vampire."  She said with a smile.  "Not only are we super strong and fast we also have heightened sense and emotions so yes I could hear you, I can also hear your heart beat and the blood gushing through your veins."

"And that's irritating, distracting or both."

"You handle it better with age."

"So immortality as well, how old are you?"

"I'm in the five hundreds but Klaus he's twice as old as me."

"And so is he old in comparison to other vampires or are there older ones."

"No he's one of the originals.  One of the first Vampires."

"Who are the others?"

"His family."  Grace nodded taking another sip of her drink.