35

Happy valentines lovelies xox

As an avid reader and extremely impatient person I will let you in on a secret. I have several chapters done and I can't be bothered to hold them back and wait between each update so the next few chapters are probably going to come through *rather* quickly one after the other. If you would rather I wait (which I wouldn't really understand as if I was in your position I wouldn't want to have to wait longer between each chapter) then please voice your concerns. If not then I shall be updating when and if I please. Because you know...I can.

Enjoy,

Emma xox

25th August 2010

Once more motley crew found themselves heading for Gloria's bar. Nik was adamant that the search must continue - each extra step between him and his final goal was annoying to say the least be he was determined.

But first a quick detour, with Stefan nowhere to be seen Rebekah, Grace and Nik took the car to the warehouse. At first Grace thought that perhaps Nik might be putting his sister back under but apparently he still needed her awake - she still had a part to play in his master plan.

Not sure what she was meant to do while Nik took care of his business Grace stood awkwardly off to the side, Rebekah was quick to join her. The silence only lasted a few seconds.

"I thought you were Nic's pet." Rebekah announced, giving a nonchalant shrug.

"What do you mean?"

"Well at first when I saw you, eyes glazed over, I though perhaps you were gazing off into nothing as humans often do."

"Maybe I was lost for thought."

"Or brain dead, you know when you've had enough blood drunk from you it can get a bit crazy."

Grace gave her a look, but she pressed on evidently undeterred.

"Now then I realised you've had your eyes fixed on a coffin of another brother of mine." She said, coming closer to Grace before following her eye line.

As Rebekah pointed out her fixation, Grace tried to take her eyes away - she had only just realised what she had been doing. Eyes trained on the coffin of Elijah, it had seemed that Rebekah had misconstrued anger, seething and general confusion for something of a more intimate longing.

"No," she whispered turning to meet her, definitely not. "And I am not Nik's pet."

"No? Then what are you Grace?"

"Not his pet?"

Saving Grace from the conversation, Nik clapped his hands announcing that he was done and that it was time to go. Rebekah practically skipped back to the car, though the look on her face was still sour she seemed to be in a better mood than the others. Grace hadn't even been really thinking about why she was staring at Elijah's coffin. Her mind was still trying to wrap itself round the revelation that what had happened to her and her parents was no accident, that people had been looking for now. Not just that, they had been waiting for her - searching for her before she had even been born. Grace had been unable to share this with anyone else, how could she? It was a thought she couldn't even process let alone formulate into words.

Stefan arrived at the bar shortly after they did, his presence proving to be distracting enough for Rebekah to Grace's relief - she didn't want anymore prying questions.

"You left us." Rebekah simpered.

"Yeah, sorry." He shrugged in return but offered no explanation. Instead he looked to Gloria. "What is she doing?"