Author's Note

Welcome to the end of part one. I honestly am so pleased, surprised and overwhelmed that we made it this far. It has been such a journey for me but happily one that isn't over yet - there is far much more for Grace, and this book left.

It was always my intention to split Grace's journey into six sections. Next comes Part Two • The Cure which will naturally follow the TV show's key plotline and the characters that I have started building in this story. I'm super excited for what is to come next and the continuation of Grace's story.

So that plan is that whilst I am prepping part two (that will follow on in this same book), I will be editing and rereleasing part one. This is mainly to fix any spelling mistakes or plot holes that will inevitably be there; there shouldn't be any major changes that will alter anything you have already read, though. However, once I have published the edited chapters, I fully recommend going back and rereading part one.

Once this is done, I will start publishing the chapters for part two. This new section will take place during the end of season three and then into season four of The Vampire Diaries, and I am really looking forward to it and what adventures it brings Grace. Part Two will be published within this book so that it is easy to find - depending on how long it is, by the end of part two, I'll look at putting part three into a new book.

Any thoughts, feelings or inclinations as to how you think the next part should go or things you would like to see, please let me know - they may not all be implemented, but I would love to hear what you would have in mind for Grace, or even what you think is going to happen next!

In other exciting news, I am also starting another book in tandem with part two of this story, and it will be a Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire based book, and I honestly can't wait to start publishing it. If GOT is something that you have watched or think you might be in to please give it a read, and even if you haven't watched or read it, I recommend anyway because it'll be my own little spin on the whole thing so different from the original material.

The book is titled IGNIS, and the first chapter is up now!

I have a few more works in the pipeline, but honestly, I am just so happy to have made it to the end of part one, and I hope you have enjoyed yourself getting here!

So, I hope you have enjoyed part one and will be sticking around for part two!

Thank you oh so much,
Emma xox